Thread: LS1 I.D. 1000s Injectors

Advanced Tuner

LS1 I.D. 1000s Injectors

So I have LS1 with I.D. 1000s, I have a Aeromotive fuel system(A1000 fuel pump, fuel filter before and after pump, fuel regulator with boost reference port). The question I have, which way to setup it up will be best/easiest for tuning. Should I hook up the boost reference port or leave the boost reference disconnected? And if it is best to hook up the boost reference on the fuel pressure regulator. What is the correct way of setting up the fuel tables for the I.D. 1000s?
    Thank you.

ID has all the injector info posted for HPT on their site. They don't include the minimum fuel milligrams under transient fueling though.

As for setting your fuel pressure, set it with the vacuum line unhooked(presumably 58psi). Then connect the line and you're golden.

Advanced Tuner
    I see the link that they have posted their site for HPT but for some weird reason. The link is not working on my laptop.

You probably need excel or some excel viewer.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, you were correct. For some reason it was trying to open in a photo viewer. Still trying to get use to windows 8. Thank you for the help.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have any advice for the transient fuel tables? Or do you think leaving those tables stock will be fine?

I don't know what it should be set at. I've read so many different ways I don't know what the number is. Factory was .029. One was to reduce that by the amount you're increasing injector size(but that would have set it to about .007 I think which from what I understand is way too low and you'll have transient fueling issues and on decel), another was to set that number like Min IPW I.E. 2.1 IPW the setting should be .021. I was doing ID1300s recently and set it to .014 and it worked perfect. Not sure how crucial that number is, but i had no issues there. Before I adjusted that nothing was right, I could not get the car to idle anywhere near 14.7 in OL after that they were easier to tune than generic 80lb injectors I've been used to. Wish I had a better understanding of how to acheive the perfect number or how much it even matters, but if the car runs perfect, I can't be too concerned.
    Maybe play with that number a bit and see if you get any changes, but I would assume it needs to be lower than where the factory setting is.

Advanced Tuner
    Alright thank you for all the help and advice.