Thread: Sputtering after 5500-6k

Tuner in Training

Sputtering after 5500-6k

ok guys I need some help,

A few weeks ago I got the ZZP fuel cam, installed it and everything worked, went out to log and when getting over 5500-6k RPM the car spits and sputters. I have cleaned all the sensors and checked and rechecked for boost leaks, up to 40 psi, Leak test and compression test all looked good, spark plugs I have a brand new set from GM gapped at 32,30,28 then a new set of autolite ( car has always ran find on them) gapped at 30. I am out of idea and stuff to check,

Mods built motor, E47, BW 256ET, 82lb valve springs, 100% meth

Here is a log that I took tonight, I know the fuel trims are off but I am working on that. if you can see what it is please let me know.

Thanks everyone
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel pressure seems to be holding ok but I can't see your Injector DC (ms). Prob just my setup here but could inj window misfire be the issue?

I'm assuming LNF.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 01-07-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Can you post some pictures of it. My computer is put up at the moment so that would be the best I could help out for now.

Not on my tuning laptop but your maf/stft showing way off at higher rpm (-10%), -3 to -5% mid range, and +3% down low.

Tuner in Training
    yea I am trying to get this hiso to work for IDC and IPW, but for some reason, its not working for me

Tuner in Training
    iambroke, That's what I am thinking, and yes its a LNF, I didn't have this problem until I added the fuel cam

It's been too many years since i had a good LNF config to tell you the injector ms PID bit I'm sure someone will. It logs different than an LS engine, not a % but actual milliseconds as I recall.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Can't see your IPW, boost, fuel, evap, or total kr. Your IPW #1 shows as unsupported parameter. Car info? Config?
    Last edited by codename Bil Doe; 01-09-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok guys, sorry for the non responsiveness, BUSY BUSY BUSY!!!!

Here is another log and tune,

There fuel trims are getting super rich when the meth kicks in (100%) But still same problem, I have looked and looked and having someone help me as it is and it kinda like we cant figure it out, I have changed the spark plugs about 10 times with gaps between 26-32, both stock and autolites.

Iam about to pull this freaking fuel cam as when I installed this, this is when I started to have this problem.

there maybe a few pulls that I slowly went down on the gas to find out right where it starts, so you may see alittle surge from that

Thanks guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Something's definitely funky at 28:53. You're anti-boosting when you floor it. Need to bring the log up on my tuning laptop. Boost and KR histos still not working with your logs. Might just be me using wrong laptop. Tune doing something funky high rpm. Time to investigate.

Past my bedtime (yay early work!) so I'll post one or two things at a time that I find cuz I'm only going to go through a little of it right now.

#1 major problem - you have 4 different OS tables. All 4 tables should be the same. iow, when you establish a desired OS based on your MS tables as per the thread floating around, you should do it to all four. All four of your MS tables are the same. Having four different OS tables will make the car freak out.

When I accidentally forgot to copy some changes to one of my OS tables, the car idled fine. But, when I tried to roll even 5mph the car would stumble, buck, and stall like I killed it. Took me 5 min in a parking lot to figure out what happened.

#2 - On your cam tables, your exhaust main warm is slightly different than your exhaust main cold, cat warm, and cat cold. All four should be the same. I also set the intake and exhaust knock tables the same as the other four.

#3 - Under Cutoff/DFCO you have the knock safety rpm limit at only 5k rpm. If this kicks in and you're higher rpm it would cut power until you get down to 5k rpm. Set it to the same as where you have your redline (6750).

My initial guess is that the different OS tables are the main cause.

Def go back and reread the WDGC, gain table, and DAL threads. CCSOB's bible thread and gmtech's OS info are great reads, too. You're on the right track. Those will help you improve and understand what affect changes have.

Sleepy time.
    Last edited by codename Bil Doe; 01-21-2015 at 11:25 PM.