Thread: Wideband portability

Advanced Tuner

Wideband portability

I am going to be upgrading to the Pro interface and getting a wideband. I am looking for something easily portable like the LM2 or NGK. I am leaning towards the NGK unit after reading a lot of reviews and articles comparing different units.

I would prefer to remove a narrowband O2 and put the wideband in its place during tuning instead of using a tailpipe mount.

I am just looking for some tips/tricks making it easily portable from vehicle to vehicle for road tuning purposes.. (where to hook up, routing, etc)
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Advanced Tuner
    I made an adapter that uses the power port (old lighter) as a power source and simply run the wires under the (typically passenger) door. I use zip ties to hold everything in place under the vehicle and cut them when I'm finished since it's all temporary anyway. I've used hook and loop fasteners in the past since they are reusable and hold well enough, but they get dirty and become a hassle if the road isn't dry or clean.

I'm not sure how much difference there is pre and post cat, but I've done both. Pre-converter is probably ideal, but if welding a bung in isn't an option you have to grab what you can. For the guy that showed me and several others I've met, that means one of the post converter O2's which are typically easier to reach and can be tuned out for testing.