Thread: 60-100mph times anyone?

Advanced Tuner

60-100mph times anyone?

Hey any of you guys keep track of the pulls in your logs by 60-100mph times? I've been using it for a benchmark on my cars and tunes for years and I like it much better than 0-60 times. Most big hp cars can't get traction very well below 60 anyway, I don't even know why they still use 0-60 times anymore. 60-100 is "relatively" safe on most Mexican highways and on a lot of cars it can be done in one gear, which eliminates another variable of shifting. For me, the other reason I use 60-100 times as a benchmark is because my car is a roadster without a cage or rollbar. No track racing for me in this car unfortunately.

Anyway, the reason I figured I'd make this thread is because I just did an insane 60-100mph pull and I'm wondering if anyone else has any that are close or faster. I just did a 2.61 second 60-100! My car has been doing sub 3 second pulls for awhile now, but this one just blew the rest out of the water. I just finished up my E85 conversion with bigger injectors, that and the cool dense winter air is making my boosted LSA VERY happy! For those that don't know, it's also in a fairly light car, a Saturn Sky Redline. Stock weight is right at 3000lbs, but with the V8 and a ton of electronics, sound deadening and chassis stiffening it's probably closer to 3400lbs now.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of the log. I went WOT at 59mph in 3rd gear. Fuel cutoff is stock at 6200rpm but 3rd is still good for about 105mph. I've done plenty of 60-100 pulls in 4th gear only too, this particular run would have probably been about 3.1 seconds done in 4th gear only. So do any of you guys have any 60-100 times?

Well, before I threw a couple of rods I logged a 3.6x sec 60 - 100 in third on Bee, E85 @10 psi. Not too shabby for a 4300# pig with me in it.

I'll have to dig for the log though if you need proof. The pull when it blew up was faster than that I think but alas, the batt died in the laptop in my angst waiting for the flatbed.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Come on guys, I know there's some 60-100 logs out there! Did I scare everyone away with that 2.61 time? lol.

How about this one my son did last night. Let me tell you, it's A LOT scarier in the passenger seat than in the drivers seat!!! It's funny how you get used to the power and then let somebody else drive and the power you're so used to scares the hell out of you. At the top of 3rd gear the car feels like it's gonna take off!

Here you go, 30mph to 103mph and then back down to 20mph. Did the whole pull in one gear, 3rd. That eliminates the shifting variables. The car was probably at around 3800lbs with the two of us in it. I took the elapsed time from 30-103-30 so hopefully it will be easier for others to duplicate. Give it a try and see what your car does. 30-100-30 in 9.66 seconds.

Senior Tuner
    2013 CTS-V: 60-100 = 3.728 seconds.

Cannot run a 60-100 in one gear. Had a shift from 3-4 at 96 mph.
    Last edited by 8850; 02-05-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What about 100-140, better indication of power

Senior Tuner
    no not really, after 80mph aero plays such significant role that the power left to actually accelerate is only a minor portion

2.059s on mild boost.

Attached Images Attached Images

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    when all equal, power is what gets you through the air resistance but then again, I could be wrong.

Senior Tuner
    If you make your speedometer read fast you can get a better number! lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    2.059s on mild boost.

Dave you can't take 60-100 runs out of a full pull like that. The whole point of a 60-100 pull is it's like a roll race. You have to go WOT AT 60. If you look at my first log, you can see I'm cruising at just enough throttle to keep it right around 59mph before I go WOT. You should still have no problem beating my 2.61 since you're probably at about 350 more whp and a little bit lighter on vehicle weight. Not to mention my 275's on back.

It's a turbo car.

What a completely useless metric.

I'm not sure how 60-100 is a roll race unless you just like doing 3rd gear pulls with no shifting. 60-130 is a more accepted measurement
    Last edited by LT1Z; 02-07-2015 at 02:58 PM.

I prefer 20-200

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    It's a turbo car.

What a completely useless metric.
    So what are you saying? Your car is only fast when it gets a running start? lol. My EFR turbo 4 had no problem spooling to 30psi going WOT from a 60mph cruise.

LT1Z
    I'm not sure how 60-100 is a roll race unless you just like doing 3rd gear pulls with no shifting. 60-130 is a more accepted measurement
    I don't know about you but roll races against my car are usually over by 100mph. lolz again. Seriously though, 60-100 can be done somewhat "safely" on the street. Freeway traffic is usually moving at 80 anyway. Trying to find a safe place to do 60-130 is WAY harder and WAY more dangerous as far as safety AND chances of your car being impounded and you spending jail time.

You guys are too funny! What IS IT about 'Vette guys? Geez! How come it's always the 'Vette guys? I guess that's why I've never owned one and probably never will. It's kinda like the BMW persona or stereotype, who doesn't think that most BMW drivers are douchebags or pricks?

It's perfectly fine if you two don't want to participate in my thread, I won't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    So what are you saying? Your car is only fast when it gets a running start? lol. My EFR turbo 4 had no problem spooling to 30psi going WOT from a 60mph cruise.

I don't know about you but roll races against my car are usually over by 100mph. lolz again. Seriously though, 60-100 can be done somewhat "safely" on the street. Freeway traffic is usually moving at 80 anyway. Trying to find a safe place to do 60-130 is WAY harder and WAY more dangerous as far as safety AND chances of your car being impounded and you spending jail time.

You guys are too funny! What IS IT about 'Vette guys? Geez! How come it's always the 'Vette guys? I guess that's why I've never owned one and probably never will. It's kinda like the BMW persona or stereotype, who doesn't think that most BMW drivers are douchebags or pricks?

It's perfectly fine if you two don't want to participate in my thread, I won't mind.

I'm not a vette guy I just own one amongst my other vehicles. My only point was that if you want to make up your own contest that no one else participates in you won't get many responses. If you feel 60-130 is too dangerous for you to participate that is fine but there would be more data to compare. I mean that is what you are after anyway right? You get very defensive when you perceive a threat, no need for all of that.

Jesus.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1Z View Post
    I'm not a vette guy I just own one amongst my other vehicles. My only point was that if you want to make up your own contest that no one else participates in you won't get many responses. If you feel 60-130 is too dangerous for you to participate that is fine but there would be more data to compare. I mean that is what you are after anyway right? You get very defensive when you perceive a threat, no need for all of that.
    hahahahahahaha!

So it's easier for people to "participate" in 60-130 runs but not as easy for them to do 60-100 runs? Makes a lot of sense. Not. And the 60-100mph run database probably has more than 400 cars in it tested. It's not exactly a test I "made up". Again, lol.

AGAIN, it's perfectly ok if you two don't want to participate in MY thread. Please. I won't respond further.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    hahahahahahaha!

So it's easier for people to "participate" in 60-130 runs but not as easy for them to do 60-100 runs? Makes a lot of sense. Not. And the 60-100mph run database probably has more than 400 cars in it tested. It's not exactly a test I "made up". Again, lol.
    I used to own a Saturn SL2 beater, does that mean we can be friends and you won't think I'm a vette douche? I had no idea that pointing out that the 60-130 metric was more common would elicit such a scathing response from YOU in YOUR "thread".

I have no idea what the rules are either and I have never seen this method of racing here in Oklahoma. Maybe it's a regional thing😒.

How do we log %grade?

2008 Sky RL