Thread: Need help with 4L60E shift points and tune

Tuner in Training

Need help with 4L60E shift points and tune

I am helping a friend with a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 with 5.3/4L60E. The engine was rebuilt and has a TSP 228R 112LSA, Prof Products "Ls6" manifold, Professional products 85mm throttle body. He had a mail order tune and felt very sluggish. The transmission was slow to shift 1>2 and then would quickly shift through the rest of the gears and sit in 4th. The transmission was rebuilt and upgraded after the engine was rebuilt and claimed to be able to handle ~500hp from the shop that built it.

I have read through a few of the transmission tuning guides and have made improvements but it feels like the shifts could be better. I removed all of the torque management based on what I read here and the fact that the transmission is built. I have attached the tune, scan of driving and config file. Any input would be appreciated. I have tuned my engine with HP tuners but I have a T56 so this is my first time diving into the transmission side of the software.

Specs:
    1999 silverado 155 4x4
    5.3 w/ TSP 228R 112LSA
    Prof Products "Ls6" manifold
    Prof Products 85mm throttle body
    Built 4L60E
    4.10s
    285/65/18(32.7") tires

1.2.15afterchanges.hplNoah1.1.15trans#2.hpttrans problems.cfg

Your shift times are nearly .5 seconds which is really slow. 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 are slower than stock shift times it looks like.

I'd put them down to .300 to .350 for everything.

Your Normal pressure upshift can should be increased by 5-10% to help it.

And did you change the shift pressure modifier upshift at all?? It's pulling line pressure away from the looks of it. I'd change it back to stock if you have. Anything below 360 ft lbs of torque it's pulling pressure away. On my 06 4L60e file it doesnt, from 200-440 it pulls zero pressure away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the tips!

I did not change the shift times, the tuner who did the mail order tune might have but I don't know why they would have made them longer than stock.

I didn't change the shift pressure modifier upshift, but I will take a look at it. I will look at what you posted and see how it drives after.

Edit

There must have been a difference in transmission tunes for trucks later that 99-00. I compared a 2000 silverado tune to mine and the shift times and pressure were identical. I downloaded a 2005 stock tune from the repository and the tables were different and similar to what you said yours looked like.
    Last edited by will_coop; 01-02-2015 at 11:19 PM.