Thread: 06 z71 5.3 to 6.0 same ecm (Novice)

Tuner in Training

06 z71 5.3 to 6.0 same ecm (Novice)

So I have a question my 5.3 went bad and I replaced it with a 6.0. Now for ovious reasons its running lean and I would like advise to see how to fix this issue. I have updated the cylender size and it changed the main ve table but i guess it needs more than just that! I'm just starting to use this HPT. Here is a sample rune before the chainge. can anyone help please!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Posting the info before the change isn't going to help. Where did you get the info that you used on the main ve table? Changing the size, really doesn't do anything, other than help you now what size it is. You will need to change your maf tables for fueling. You need to find a 06 6.0 file to copy over the tables from.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rpturbo View Post
    Posting the info before the change isn't going to help. Where did you get the info that you used on the main ve table? Changing the size, really doesn't do anything, other than help you now what size it is. You will need to change your maf tables for fueling. You need to find a 06 6.0 file to copy over the tables from.
    Fisrt of all, thank you, I have read alot since the post and i have a much better idea of what I am doing. The only thing is that i know need a wide band to do the modification with the info that i have found. is there a way to do it without it? this is the title of it "Gen III - Speed Density VE Table and MAF Tuning Instructions with a Wideband O2 Sensor Create by 69lt1bird – Jeff Anderson " very informative but what would the steps be to do it without the wideband?

Advanced Tuner
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning