Thread: How to set up for MAF tuning in histogram

Tuner in Training

How to set up for MAF tuning in histogram

I have a tutorial of how to add my MAF sensor to the scanner to do VE tuning. I have attempted this several times without any luck. I have HPT version 2.23 (beta). Anyone have any ideas? I am working with a 2002 Grand Prix GTP if that helps.

You can't really VE tune a 3800, it's a MAF based car.

The stock VE table stops before you even get into 1-2 pounds of boost and then the MAF sensor determines everything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    There's a guy that runs no mass airflow on full throttle v6 site. I'm sure he may still have the car or might have sold it. There's been talk on this subject about the benefits of tuning VE then MAF on the 3.8 v6. From what I have learn and read on how the computers works on the V6, I say it is worth it. Many well say different.

Tuner in Training
    Well, that's not quite true. Though it may be a year specific thing... on my 1999 GTP I have successfully been tuning the VE table for a LONG time (10+ years?). What it does is not obviously increase HP, but on my car I get a smoother running engine, higher MPG and a VE table that is closer to "perfect" in the case of a MAF failure. I still use MAF tuning, but the VE is not a table to forget.

Got any clues when working with an E67 with a "virtual VE table"? I have been referred to HP Tuners... But I have not found the info.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a link that help me add the pid and setup the histo http://wot-tech.com/pdf/Setting%20up...F%20tuning.pdf
    2009.5 SBM Pontiac G8 GT / Vararam CAI / Pat G Tune / HP Tuners / x-pipe mid muffler delete