Thread: Newbie needs help converting to speed density

Tuner in Training

Newbie needs help converting to speed density

I built a 3800 ,turbo,st2 cam,Northstar TB and adaptor,60lb injectors,3bar map in my Gbody . 98 fbody pcm with bin/tune from intense (map table extented-TT) I would really like to learn how to get rid of maf and run speed density if possible . I have a Hp pro.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gbgn1; 12-23-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Senior Tuner
    This not an option for you. V6 cars are maf based, not like the v8s. There is no VE table to go to positive pressure. Your better off embracing the maf and running with it.

Tuner
    This has been talk about before in the past.

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...-is-Our-thread.

Tuner in Training
    I havent been by the car for awhile but I thought there was a VE table . With the tiny tuners isnt there the ability. Ill have to look what I have. But I know theres One VE table.

Thanks for respondses

Senior Tuner
    There is a ve table as a backup up in case of maf failure. It can only read to atmospheric, no boost ability.

Tuner in Training
    OK, IM running the car with a 2001 Northstar Maf. Could you give me any tips on tuning with maf correctly with it? anything I have to tell the HP tuner to correctly run it?

Thanks alot.

Senior Tuner
    You will tune your maf curve normally. As it is a different maf you may be out more than normal. But you should be able to spot a trend apply it to the rest of the table to get close and fine tune from there.

Tuner in Training
    So if I need to add a bit of fuel . I should just use the enrichment for idle? Runs real good but under hard acceleration after the idle is unstable and will die. So I figure it's lean. Will have wide band on it next week.

Tuner
    Your going to need a Wide Band for your turbo setup. Oh you can use your Fuel Trims to tune the idle and any part that is not in PE. But once in PE it is all wideband from there.

Keep up the good work on learning. Happy holidays.

Tuner in Training
    With a v6 is it possible to fine tune ? What tables should I be paying close attention too? Is there a good method using the maf?

Tuner in Training
    Is there anything to pay attention to? I just got a wide band on my engine and when I initially fire it it runs great at afr 12 , then slowly it climbs to 18. I know its leaning out. Ive got a Northstar Maf on it ,which is totally different from a 3800. So I believe Thats where I have to concentrait. Whats the first thing I should do .thanks