Thread: LS2 pedal with Silverado TB and TAC module

LS2 pedal with Silverado TB and TAC module

Hey guys been doing some research for my S10 build. But I need someone to second me on this. Everyone tells me a GTO pedal fits the S10 where the Silverado has to be modified greatly. I have a 04 LQ4 Throttle Body and TAC module. And I have an LS2 GTO gas pedal. The GTO didn't have a TAC that I could find it had the E40 ecm. Can I rework the pigtail to work with the Silverado TAC module?

Will this work? Or what is required to run the GTO pedal without switching to a E40? I've searched and found bits and pieces but not a definite answer. Just want some second input before I do the wiring. Thanks

The sensors in the pedals are very different. Even if you modify the pigtail to match the TAC connector it will never work. The GTO pedal has 2 sensors and does not use a TAC. The Silverado pedal has 3 sensors into the same assembly and goes to the TAC.
    To make things worse, the resistance and arrangement of the sensors are different, using the GTO pedal it will go into REP immediately.

You can try to fit a Silverado APP sensor in the GTO pedal, but they are very different and attached to the opposite side, you also need to make sure the pedal stop is correct to not trip REP.

The 04 Silverado pedal is made of metal, you can modify it to fit any vehicle. I have done many swaps and there is always a way to fit one, you sometimes need to modify/cut/weld/ but it works. Much easier than modding the GTO pedal.

You can also use a Corvette pedal, it's metallic, can be modified and it's smaller than the Silverado's. Either use a Corvette TAC and TB with, or use a Silverado APP into the Vette pedal.

Regards
    9 sec Montecarlo SS