Thread: "Nuetral Skip Shifts" for 6-speed 6T70 transmisssion

Advanced Tuner

"Nuetral Skip Shifts" for 6-speed 6T70 transmisssion

So I was exploring the different settings my 2012 Impala tune and noticed that it has option to enable or disable either upshift skip-shifts or downshift skip-shifts via "Nuetral Skip Shift" options.

I haven't been able to find any information on skip sifts for automatica transmissions, but I have read how it works with manual transmissions (low speed, low throttle shifts will "skip" 2nd and 3rd gear and force the driver to go straight to 4th gear).

Can someone explain how the "Neutral Skip Shifts" work in an automatic transmission? I very much dislike the way my 2012 Impala (3.6L LFX motor, 6T70 6-speed transmission) shifts in low-speed, low throttle situations - always have. Since this is the first 6-speed I've owned, I was wondering if disbaling these skip-shifts may make the shifts feel more like the olde 4-speed transmissions that I've used in the past...

Can anyone help me understand how these work, if it's safe to disable them and anything else you can think of?

Thank you!

I might be able to help, I've been tuning the 6T70 in my Malibu. Can you post your current tune? What is it exactly that you dislike about your shifts at low speed? Too much throttle needed to downshift? Too slow?

I wound up rewriting half the trans table to get more responsive downshifts because it would always bog down in 4th, 5th, and 6th when you go up a hill. Now it always finds the right gear without lurching the car and jumping up over 3000 rpm.
    2017 Chevy SS 6.2L/6M