Thread: 2012 Camaro Throttle relearn/calibration

Tuner in Training

2012 Camaro Throttle relearn/calibration

A customer of mine has a 2012 LS3 swap in his 66 Chevy Truck. I noticed the throttle position is at ~20% when not pressing the gas and ~86% when full throttle.Is there a way I can re-calibrate with software? I am assuming that it doesn't start on the first crank due to this. It is a Stock motor and trans. with headers. By the bay I tool apart the pedal and didn't see anything obvious as far as calibration. Thank you in advance.

Senior Tuner
    Check out the stickies. That's normal gen 4 throttle position if you're not logging the right stuff.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Check out the stickies. That's normal gen 4 throttle position if you're not logging the right stuff.
    Sounds like this explains the full throttle percentage, but how about down low. At 0v, it should read 0% correct?

Senior Tuner
    No it shouldn't. Like I said, read the stickies. They'll show you what's correct to log and you'll see 0-100%. The sensor you're logging is reading perfectly normal.

Senior Tuner
    What you're seeing at key on engine off is the sum of where the base airflow table wants the tps, plus the startup airflow for your current temps, plus the learned idle airflow trim. It's normal.

If it's not starting properly, post the tune file, a log of it cranking, and all of the vehicle details, like what MAF sensor? In what tube? What headers? Stock cam? What injectors? Have you verified it has fuel pressure before you crank it, or could it be that it's building pressure that first time you crank it from your fuel system not holding pressure when it's off?

Tuner in Training
    Ok I will try logging what is stated in these threads instead. I was just trying to blame my starting problem on this, but I dont think it is it. Stock injectors, stock cam, longtube headers, stock maf. I will check the pressure and post the files a little later. Appreciate your help Mike!!!! Thx!!

Senior Tuner
    Stock LS3 Camaro MAF is a cartridge that goes into a tube. That tube size/shape has a major effect on the sensor calibration. Are you running a completely stock Camaro intake, or is the sensor in a fabricated tube?