Thread: LM-2 and Windows 8

Angry LM-2 and Windows 8

I installed LogWorks, which included LM Programmer, and I plugged in the USB cable directly to my Windows 8 laptop, and in the device manager, I have the little exclamation mark, signifying that the driver is not properly installed. I tried right-clicking, and updating the driver, but both searching online, my computer, and the disk yields no results and the driver cannot be found.

When you open LM Programmer, it pops up an error message that says "No Serial Port Available".

What's the problem? I am familiar with the LC-1, I have owned probably 5-6 of those, but this LC-2 is new to me.

What am I missing here? It has a direct USB connection, am I required to use a serial to USB converter and plug it into a serial port? If so, that really sucks, as my brand new HP laptop doesn't have a serial port :/ About as useful as an LP1 port these days...except when trying to connect to an LM-2, apparently.

thanks for any info in advance Id really appreciate it

Tuner
    I just went through this, I had to remove logworks and lm programmer, reinstall from the original disc that came with the lm2, I then updated logworks and lm programmer from the innovate website.
    Do not try to do a firmware update though using the laptop with windows 8, it bricked my lm2, I had to do it from an older laptop that ran XP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Quote Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
    I just went through this, I had to remove logworks and lm programmer, reinstall from the original disc that came with the lm2, I then updated logworks and lm programmer from the innovate website.
    Do not try to do a firmware update though using the laptop with windows 8, it bricked my lm2, I had to do it from an older laptop that ran XP
    Yea I ended up whipping out a dinosaur XP laptop and was able to successfully get it to work.

I did brick it in the beginning but I somehow got it to work again after trying it over and over using different computers IIRC

Tuner
    i just did this on my windows 8 laptop and its working great

go to control panel and device drivers make windows search the disk then it works after that.