Thread: Lean After Open Loop MAF Tuning

Lean After Open Loop MAF Tuning

Hey Guys,
    Thanks to Mr. Russ K I have gotten my LTFT's to 0 at WOT (besides today since it is ~10* warmer outside)!! Also I have to mention how much faster the Ghetto Cruiser feels now too Anyways, after I dialed in my MAF, I re-enabled the EGR valve and left the Add vs. TPS and the PE fuel adder vs. RPM vs. Time tables at 0, my base AFR to 11.7 and my PE throttle table to the stock settings as per Russ's instructions. The one thing I did noticed though is if I am in partial throttle (~40%) that my LTFT's are like +11.7-14 (I didn't scan I just noticed it on my Aeroforce gauge). Not quite sure what I am doing wrong here. Any help/guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time and have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Jeremy

Ghetto Cruiser Winter Maf Tuning.hpt
    01' Regal LS - ZZP SSM90 Swap, N* w/ LQ4, ZZP Fenderwell Intake, ZZP SS Intercooler, Bosch 42.5#, Speed Daddy Headers, Some Underdrive Pulleys, Walbro Pump w/ Racetronix rewire, Triple Edge Performance HD 3.25 tranny.

You know the saying, "Once the mod bug bites, it never goes away". I can finally agree with that now

Tuner
    What's your engine coolant temp at the time this is happening? Coolant tamp for Close loop enable is set at 43 degree in your file. On the another threads you posted there was a Close loop enable at 284. Then a new post you made that Close loop enable changes to 43 degrees coolant temp. Plus the Base AFR in the Open loop Coolant Temp looks funny for a Open loop VS Coolant temp set up. What's up with that.

On the PE tables in the Hot Power Enrich Enable TPS threshold VS RPM it say 60 from 1600 RPM and up. Don't know when your boost kicks in, but I'm sure before 60 % throttle.

I'm looking at the bottom of your screen and it says this, I guess your car is supercharged?

2001 Buick Regal Ls - ZZP SS M90 Top Swap, SD Headers, Triple Edge Performance transmission (3:29 gear ratio), ZZP Fenderwell Intake, Racetronix ReWire, Drilled 180* stat

Firstly I want to say thanks for the reply. Ok so my normal operating temp is around 184*. My stock setting was to enable closed loop at 43*.

Regarding my other post where I had my closed loop enable temp at 284*, that was because I was open loop maf tuning at the time and I wanted to prevent from going into closed loop at all costs. Basically after my open loop maf tuning was dialed in, I set the settings back to stock (besides the base AFR table)

Yes the regal is supercharged and back when I installed the supercharger I didn't have a tuner so I purchased ZZP's 1.0 tune and had them flash my PCM so I could safely run with the new supercharger. I never changed the PE tables so that is what they had set.

Tuner
    Is the car in boost at 40 % throttle and how long did you drive the car for? LTFT take time to settle in.
    If you have time, can you check for vacuum leaks under the hood or do you hear an exhaust leak?