Thread: Tuning 2013 camaro ss with turbo

Tuning 2013 camaro ss with turbo

I've tuned a couple na setups on some ls1's but have never done any forced induction. What's involved in tuning a single turbo on a 2013 camaro ss? I already have the zr1 map sensor on order. Why is this needed? Can I still keep the maf? I'm just looking for some tips and pointers, tried searching but didn't find much.

Quote Originally Posted by supergt99 View Post
    I've tuned a couple na setups on some ls1's but have never done any forced induction. What's involved in tuning a single turbo on a 2013 camaro ss? I already have the zr1 map sensor on order. Why is this needed? Can I still keep the maf? I'm just looking for some tips and pointers, tried searching but didn't find much.
    If this is your first FI car I would get help from someone who knows what they are doing. The learning curve for FI is steep and the margin for error is small

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Advanced Tuner
    The zr1 map sensor allows your pcm to see the actual boosted manifold pressure. Which in turn allows the tune to be more accurate, even in a MAF tune. Also, some FI setups will produce an unstable MAF signal due to plumbing design. In those cases, you then have the option to run in speed density.

As far as boost specific tuning set the RPM and throttle qualifiers for PE low and let the MAP reading be the trigger. Set your timing to be ultra conservative, calibrate the fueling, then creep the timing back in. For more in depth help, post tunes and logs as you have specific questions.