Thread: 2005 Dodge ram 5.7 manual trans tune file needed

2005 Dodge ram 5.7 manual trans tune file needed

I am looking for a manual trans file for a restomod car using the a833 pistol grip 4 speed behind a 5.7 hemi with 2005 ram pcm

Or an ability to switch transmissions in an automatic file

Thanks!
    Last edited by Blake @ TSS; 12-21-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Nevermind,

I wound up buying a second hand 2006 Ram 2500 PCM for a 5.7/Manual trans truck. It should be here this upcoming week and I will upload the file to the database.

For you Mopar fans, this is the holy grail for classic car stand alone swaps using an old school transmission.
    Lead Design and Implementation Engineer - Tactical Speed Solutions

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake @ TSS View Post
    Nevermind,

I wound up buying a second hand 2006 Ram 2500 PCM for a 5.7/Manual trans truck. It should be here this upcoming week and I will upload the file to the database.

For you Mopar fans, this is the holy grail for classic car stand alone swaps using an old school transmission.
    Did you ever receive this PCM Blake @ TSS? I am trying to do the same thing but in a Jeep. Any possibility of getting a read off of it?

Thanks, Chas

Advanced Tuner
    What transmission do you plan on running in your Jeep chasmosis? You should be able to use a file from the Tune Repository on HPT's site.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, never got a notification that there was a reply. I'm using an AX15 behind an 05 truck hemi. There are no manual files in the repository. Only (2) neon files and a 2012 challenger that are manual.

Thank you for the reply! I was beginning to think the Dodge part of this forum was a graveyard!
    Last edited by chasmosis1; 06-08-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Just opened up the neon & challenger files. The neon files have nothing under transmission, the challenger file actually shows a manual transmission, but I see no way of changing from auto to manual or removing the transmission controls. I imagine it requires a complete write from a manual ECU.

Advanced Tuner
    You shouldn't have to do any ECU changes to make the manual transmission work with the Automatic ECU. Just go in and disable all the transmission codes. You will just have to figure out how to get a correct speed sensor signal from the manual transmission to the ECU.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Mark, you are a great help! I am now seeing that even though there are no trans diag there are some boxes I can disable in the engine diag to prevent any codes being thrown for the trans, as well as EGR, rear O2's, etc. that I do not require for my conversion.