Thread: Histogram trouble

Tuner in Training

Histogram trouble

I am more car than computer but I am having trouble getting to know the histogram stuff. I have been to the tuning school out of Florida but could have used a computer class before hand. My curriculum in paper is based on a little older version of HP tuners than I have and it is causing me fits. The x header and y header are confusing me because the paper work I have explains it in horizontal and vertical descriptions. After I build a histogram for MAF it tells me the parameter is not supported for the vehicle. Any help dumbing this down for me is appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    At a guess I would say you have not added maf hz to your table yet. Got to table view, see if its there, and if not add it. Then go back to your histogram and see if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    At a guess I would say you have not added maf hz to your table yet. Got to table view, see if its there, and if not add it. Then go back to your histogram and see if it works.
    What ^^^he^^ said, put a different way: Your table is the master. Everything else pulls from the table. Charts, gauges, histograms, etc. What you wish to see in the charts, gauges or histograms..etc must be in your table first. If X is spark advance and Y is cyl air, then you had better have those two items in your table. Also it's important to make sure you're logging the right version. 02v B1S1 mv and 02v B1S1 SAE are not the same. Everything must agree or you will not get what you want. It's truly that simple.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.