Thread: 04 GTO in 71chevelle Torque Management Help

04 GTO in 71chevelle Torque Management Help

Customer swapped engine and drivetrain from an 04' GTO with 4l60.
    Customer is saying will not do burnout with brake. I have read all over about the EBCM and the brake torque function and torque management. I thought I had tuned it out to the best of my knowledge from what I have read. But he still complains that the car wont do a burnout or have power with brake. I need some help or any info on what i'm doing wrong. Anyone? attached is a copy of the tune. SOMEONE point me in the right direction. 04 gto torque management.hpt

Under PE, set the enable torque for enrichment to 50-75%, because you maxed out the TM, you will never see 100% enable torque because the computer will never see that much torque being made. It's also a little fat in the eq ratio, perhaps 12ish afr would do better unless it's knocking.

Also under engine > tm > abuse, your drivetrain abuse is set to 0 rpm so if you read the little blurb at the bottom when you highlight it, it's always active. Set that to 8,000 to disable it.

Again in the trans side, the abuse stuff is all active. You have rpm, tps and speed all at zero, that means anything over 0 rpm is able to trigger abuse mode.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Under PE, set the enable torque for enrichment to 50-75%, because you maxed out the TM, you will never see 100% enable torque because the computer will never see that much torque being made. It's also a little fat in the eq ratio, perhaps 12ish afr would do better unless it's knocking.

Also under engine > tm > abuse, your drivetrain abuse is set to 0 rpm so if you read the little blurb at the bottom when you highlight it, it's always active. Set that to 8,000 to disable it.

Again in the trans side, the abuse stuff is all active. You have rpm, tps and speed all at zero, that means anything over 0 rpm is able to trigger abuse mode.
    Thank you very much!

Just want to clear this up, on the trans side. I want the speed to stay at 0 correct? but my tps at 100 and rpm at 8000? or raise the speed up? if the speed is greater than 0 abuse mode is disabled. Right? Sorry I haven't came across this before.

04 gto torque management.hpt

Still nothing. I rode with him and it has no power at all with the brake. I have never had this problem before. Its throwing a P0758 2-3 solenoid circuit, P0740 TCC enable solenoid, P0753 1-2 shift solenoid circuit, and finally a 3-2 shift solenoid circuit. Here's a copy. Someone please point me in the right direction. I am lost. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JHPerformance; 12-19-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Anyone? I'm sure it's something simple. But I have tried and tried and can't get it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Having trans code isnt good, so you should start there.

Did you change anything else about the transmission files in this tune?

Maybe you did something wrong and it's causing the problems, or put everything back to stock on the trans side and see what happens. Otherwise it could be an internal issue with the transmission.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Just glancing over your tune, it needs some work.

-First you need to change your PE throttle pedal tables back to at least stock.
    -Looks you disabled abuse mode in your second tune. Good
    -You transmission tune will need some work.

Just FYI if you don't know this already but a 4l60E is not the best tranny to do burnouts with as far as longevity. Yes it can be done, but I have seen guys blow up 60E's during burnout and donut sessions, especially with stock or mild rebuilds. I'm not giving your guy's tranny the kiss of death but its just the nature of the beast with 4L60E's unless they are well built.
    Check the tranny fluid. Are you logging the tranny temps? Tranny cooler?

I would need to see a log to see what the TPS% is when he attempting to burnout. I would also need to see what his commanded AFR is vs the actual(error) to check to see if the MAF table is in check. And I would like to see how fast the AFR and PE are ramping in.

Post a log.

Are you sure he has a Chevelle with 3.46 gears? Does it have Ford 9" with 3.45's?
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 12-19-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Jake9713 View Post
    04 gto torque management.hpt

Still nothing. I rode with him and it has no power at all with the brake. I have never had this problem before. Its throwing a P0758 2-3 solenoid circuit, P0740 TCC enable solenoid, P0753 1-2 shift solenoid circuit, and finally a 3-2 shift solenoid circuit. Here's a copy. Someone please point me in the right direction. I am lost. Thanks in advance.
    Those DTC's indicate a loss of ignition power to the transmission solenoids. Specifically the pink wire terminal "E". Find and fix the cause of that 1st. It won't be a tuning issue. Furthermore, when this transmission loses all ignition power to the solenoids it's default state is 3rd gear. 3rd gear has a ratio of 1:1 compared to 1st gear 3.07:1. So there is a very noticeable difference in torque multiplication. It will feel like the stator/sprag is broke in the converter or like you're pulling a trailer behind you. Refer to GM TSB 01-07-30-002E.

If that doesn't fix the problem completely you may also be experiencing a loss of injector pulses caused by strategy designed into the donor vehicle. It will drop 2 cylinders completely by shutting off injector driver in the PCM. I have experienced this personally. This can be averted by using a common 5 pin relay in the affected ckt. I thought there was a TSB about it but am not finding it at this time.

I'll find that info and report back.......

Quote Originally Posted by POWERZONE View Post
    Just glancing over your tune, it needs some work.

-First you need to change your PE throttle pedal tables back to at least stock.
    -Looks you disabled abuse mode in your second tune. Good
    -You transmission tune will need some work.

Just FYI if you don't know this already but a 4l60E is not the best tranny to do burnouts with as far as longevity. Yes it can be done, but I have seen guys blow up 60E's during burnout and donut sessions, especially with stock or mild rebuilds. I'm not giving your guy's tranny the kiss of death but its just the nature of the beast with 4L60E's unless they are well built.
    Check the tranny fluid. Are you logging the tranny temps? Tranny cooler?

I would need to see a log to see what the TPS% is when he attempting to burnout. I would also need to see what his commanded AFR is vs the actual(error) to check to see if the MAF table is in check. And I would like to see how fast the AFR and PE are ramping in.

Post a log.

Are you sure he has a Chevelle with 3.46 gears? Does it have Ford 9" with 3.45's?
    For sure too many burnouts will drag the 3-4 clutches and give them more heat than they can handle. Always let the computer shift the car and always keep the rpm in lower gears reasonable 6000 or less if you want that trans to have a chance of survival. JMO

http://lt1swap.com/pictures/Powertra...p%20Inputs.gif

The purple wire ckt 6304 is probably not hooked up after the swap and needs to be duplicated or the PCM will kill cylinders over about 50% throttle.