Thread: Getting ZF to go into 1st gear on take off in full auto mode

Advanced Tuner

Getting ZF to go into 1st gear on take off in full auto mode

Does anyone know how to get the ZF to automatically switch to first gear on take offs. Mine always takes off in 2nd unless to take of a bit more briskyly when it kickdowns to 1st

Advanced Tuner
    Tony, you need to go through the shift tables and any table with 2->1 oss set to zero needs to be bumped up.
    Have a look at the two attached tables, one has 2->1 downshift set to 0 oss rpm up to 70% tps (basically it won't down shift) the second has it set to 192 oss rrm.

If you use the oss to road speed tool I posted in this thread you can work out the speed the down shift will occur. take baby steps (ie increase the zero'd table to 10 as a starting point not 100) to avoid erratic and harsh downshifts at low speed until you get it the way you want it.

lazy table.jpg

sportier shift table.jpg
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks again. Hopefully when the 2.25 datalogger comes out, it will tell you what shift table it goes into. Nevertheless will start changing some numbers there.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to change all the tables with the 2->1 oss set to 0 to see an effect mate.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    Thanks again. Hopefully when the 2.25 datalogger comes out, it will tell you what shift table it goes into. Nevertheless will start changing some numbers there.
    Tony,
    For the Territory I only had to modify three tables to get this to work. They were Shift pattens 27, 50 and 51. Works a treat.

Hiddeous, thanks for the guidance. Is it an easy fix to get the car not to change down when in manual mode (e.g. to stop the car changing down on a dyno)?
    Last edited by DarrylC; 12-26-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So how would you interpret this table. What do the 8000 figures mean and what would you put in the 2>1 row.

I would think this relates to manual mode and the 8000 wont allow it to shift up. Based on the other tables a starting figure of between 100-200 in the 2>1 row.

shift table 27.jpg
    Last edited by turbotrana; 12-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I changed table 27 (the above one) so that 2>1 is 50% of 3>2. i.e all 160 except for the last which is 800. ( I didn't touch any other table)

It changes down to 1st in manual mode but ALSO in auto mode with my grandpa driving foot.

Much better IMO, none of that kickdown rubbish when you stomp on the pedal. It goes back into first at about 6-7kmph with the above setting.

The sub 10 second flash time is pretty cool. I wish they could get rid of the turn ignition off thingo for the main tune also!!! Eric?

Advanced Tuner
    Table 27 seems to takes care of all downshifting in manual mode. It also gets it going into 1st in auto mode for whatever reason.

Thats it for me until the 2.25 scanner comes along. Its too hard to work out whats what.

Has anyone worked out which is the most common cruise table?

Advanced Tuner
    [QUOTE=turbotrana;369498]
    Thats it for me until the 2.25 scanner comes along. Its too hard to work out whats what.

Exactly my position, hopefully it will not be too much longer!!!

Two weeks guys ........
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotrana View Post
    So how would you interpret this table. What do the 8000 figures mean and what would you put in the 2>1 row.

I would think this relates to manual mode and the 8000 wont allow it to shift up. Based on the other tables a starting figure of between 100-200 in the 2>1 row.

shift table 27.jpg
    I concur with your interpretation.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiddeous View Post
    Tony, you need to go through the shift tables and any table with 2->1 oss set to zero needs to be bumped up.
    Have a look at the two attached tables, one has 2->1 downshift set to 0 oss rpm up to 70% tps (basically it won't down shift) the second has it set to 192 oss rrm.

If you use the oss to road speed tool I posted in this thread you can work out the speed the down shift will occur. take baby steps (ie increase the zero'd table to 10 as a starting point not 100) to avoid erratic and harsh downshifts at low speed until you get it the way you want it.

lazy table.jpg

sportier shift table.jpg
    Am I looking in the wrong place Hiddeous? I can't see this road speed tool.
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile

Advanced Tuner
    I think this is the post you are looking for:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post359297

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    I think this is the post you are looking for:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post359297
    Legendary Darryl, thanks mate
    Ford BF Turbo Ute,Stock head/cams, In house built bottom end,Atomic Springs, Forged Rods,Cosworth Pistons,Atomic Billet oil pump gears,ARP Head/mainstuds,Process West Stage 3 Cooler Kit- Plazmaman plenum,Precision Int.Gate 6466,Manta twin 3" exhaust,ID1000s Plazmaman surge with Holley 12-1800 pump, Home Built ZF6H26, On United Pump E85 499rwkw 10.5@135mph https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgZupPhrMss
    Latest mods, FG intake manifold conversion and ID1300s-500rwkw, Yet to see the 1/4Mile