Thread: Too much throttle too fast

Too much throttle too fast

Hey everyone. hoping someone could steer me in the right direction with my friends truck. We swapped an 04 6.0L silverado engine and 4L60e DBW setup into his old pickup. truck runs great since we kept the tune mostly stock except when you barely touch the gas, the truck tries to take off. I believe when he ran a scan last time we played with the truck it was reading between 20-30% throttle when you barely touch the gas pedal. I attached the tune below. unfortunately we didnt save the last log we did and I dont know when Ill be able to look at the truck again before the holidays.

JOE_B_PCM_10_10_2014.hpt

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Have very little expierence with pedal feel but is your TPS at 0% if youre idling? A log would be nice.

im going to work on getting a log soon if i can get some time with the truck. my friend and I work very different schedules so its hard to get together to work on the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by kgraves View Post
    truck runs great since we kept the tune mostly stock except when you barely touch the gas, the truck tries to take off.
    Sounds good to me. I love that feeling. lol

On a serious note, definitely would need to see the log.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

engine>airflow>electronic throttle: Max rotation. In DBW swapped Mustang I was having the same issue. I used the vs. pedal table and made the changes a little more spread out. the 100 column made that 100, and the rest made the values smaller. a 6.0 with some work in a light car with the throttle the way it was was dangerous.