Thread: First Time Tuning, need a little help. 01 trans am. boosted d1sc

Tuner in Training

First Time Tuning, need a little help. 01 trans am. boosted d1sc

This is my first time trying to attempt to fully tune a car. I'm using my car to learn. It's an 01 Trans Am. Prior setup was an Lq4 bottom end, stock 243's, ls6 intake, eps 226/230 cam. Now i have recently added ls3 heads, ls3 intake, 3-bar zr1 map sensor, FIC 80lb @3bar injectors, & a D1SC procharger. MAF has been removed so the car is being converted to speed density. I did the minor stuff to get the car to crank & idle. Now i need to know what i actually need to be looking at & changing to get it all fine tuned. I attached a copy of my current tune & a idle log i did the other day. I wire my wideband through the EGR. I need to figure out how to log it through hp tuners now. I would appreciate any help you guys can offer. In the mean time i'll be reading through the forum trying to gain more knowledge on all this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    bumpity bump bump

Tuner in Training
    any help???

Advanced Tuner
    1. Your Boost Enrichment EQ ratio is now 1. Change it to more appropriate value for boosted engine.

2. Read the WB tuning guide from the HPT program Help file. ("Speed Density Tuning using Wideband O2 Input")

Advanced Tuner
    3. Enable EGR in the tune. It is now disabled.

4. Add EGR PID into a Table Display in the HPT Scanner.

Advanced Tuner
    5. You will need a custom PID for AFR (as well as AFR error). Remove the NGK you now have in the Table Display and follow this guide (read at least couple posts there, not just the first one):

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...hp-tuners.html

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Pekka_Perkeles, i clearly see a few problems now!!

Tuner in Training
    Whats the procedure on getting the VE Table correct?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis08 View Post
    Whats the procedure on getting the VE Table correct?
    The procedure for tuning VE can be googled easily in this forum and stickies probably have it, but in short: get rid of an error (between commanded and actual AFR).

Some folks use trims, though (STFT and LTFT) for part throttle tuning. But for WOT always use AFR error between commanded and actual (WB-provided).

Remember that VE is an expression how the engine "breathes" and there cannot be big transient between cells in VE. Again read the help file regarding VE.

Good luck!