Thread: Aux pids not saving

Potential Tuner

Aux pids not saving

First time starting a post so please be gentle...

I have been using 2.24 to scan a Gen3 0411 ECM. Three auxiliary input PIDs (fuel pressure, WBO2, and External MAP sensor) have been added to the lower Table (Primary).

The three aux input PIDs are programmed as follows:

1) Highlight the PID to be edited, right click, and select "Insert Input."
    2) Select "User Defined" then "Configure User Defined."
    3) For each of the three PIDS, input the Linear or List data for each sensor. Line graph looks fine (and scans well/data correct when functioning.)
    4) When exiting, select "Yes" for saving the configuration.
    5) File, Save Config (or Save Config As)

The problem I'm having is that the PIDs very often do not save. For example, if HPT is shut down, and the same Config file opened, only some of the PIDs show up. The Linear PIDs (fuel and WBO2) disappear, but usually the List MAP shows up.

Tools, Options, Clear Last Vehicle Used has no affect.

This also occurs even without closing HPT. In other words, the PIDs can be programmed, scanning started, but the data does not always display. A review of the "Configure User Defined Enhanced IO Inputs" shows that the data that was just entered and saved is gone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. When it works it's great.

If it's a matter of editing a different table or saving in a certain order, etc. please point me in the right direction.

TIA for the help.

Carl
    Last edited by carlc; 12-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The file named VCM Scanner.cfg in your hptuners-settings folder is where all of your custom pids are stored.

custom pids are NOT saved in your config file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"