Thread: Noobe! LS1, V3 Si @ 10 psi

Noobe! LS1, V3 Si @ 10 psi

Hello, New to tuning and this site, So glad everyone posts such good information on this forum. I have been reading for days and have learned a lot from here. I just bought the HP Tuners pro set up and duel wide-band handheld. I'm looking to tune my car and looking for a base line to start at. I live in South Mississippi and My 01 Vette consist of; LS1, Mild cam, stock intake, long tube headers, x-pipe OBXR exhaust, A & A Vortec V3 Si Trim @ 10 psi, Methanol injection and NGK TR6 Plugs. I have read almost all of the pinned posts but very hard to keep all of the knowledge in at such little time of learning. Does anyone live in the Southeastern Louisiana area or South Mississippi area that could possibly show me a few things?

Tuner
    Post your tune and ile give you some pointers

I just received a base tune from A&A Corvette for my car. I put the tune in along with my 60 lb injectors and its back running again. what is the easiest way to popst my tune on here?

On your post, select "go advanced" and in the bottom there's a button to click labeled "manage attachments" >"add files" "browse" > select your file and double click it or "open">"upload" and submit your post.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Pointers: Decide if you want a meth-reliant tune or not. If not, turn it of when tuning the car. Learn to build histograms and use them properly. As you're tuning, don't overwrite and save existing files, rather as you write a new file name it something else. I prefer creating a file structure that will force the files to be listed chronologically, so I'll name the files by the year, then date and edition with possible short comment, like this>. 14_1226-4. I prefer to save the logs to relate to them as well. After flashing that tune (the fourth of that day), I'll name my scan something like: 14_1226-4_hwy-driving+low-boost.
    Learn to make small moves. Big swings in your tune cause big swings in results. Tune your drivability and then work on boost. You're in luck because your boost is RPM reliant, so you can limit your RPM, tuning WOT from 2000-2500, then 2500-3000, working your way up incrementally and predicting the future values accordingly.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner
    education is key, I reccomend the calibrated success videos, which come with a fair amount of injector data. and the tuner school at home coarse, both use some different and similar methods for tuning. expensive but well worth the money. they will both tell you how to set up the scanner and how to apply the information gained. don't try to "wing it" there will be potential for engine damage and that sucks. good luck