Thread: Wideband Tuning questions

Tuner in Training

Wideband Tuning questions

I am just getting into the tuning scene and I have a few questions about maf tuning. In my attachments you can see that my Wideband reads about 14.5 up until about 7500hz, Now going by a guide i was reading above 7k hz should be reading 11.5. But what should i be reading below 7k? Another question I have is why go i get no readings in the .92 column of any of my histograms?
    wb t3.hpl
    wb6'.cfg

Car/mods
    2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    Top swapped (whole l67 top end)
    3.8 pully
    1.8 roller rockers
    Speed daddy headers.
    180 tstat
    autolite 104 spark plugs

Well, you could still read normal AFR above 7,000hz if it was pulling in that much air and you were not in PE. So because you didnt enter PE (based on throttle %) is why it's still commanding stoich.

Typically above 7,500 is where you'd add fuel or adjust the MAF while in PE to either add or remove fuel. So say you set your PE afr to 11.5 and zero'd out the adder table, and while in PE you are at 11.7 through the whole pull. You could then above 7,500hz or where ever it started to lean up a little, just add 2% to the MAF table and increase how much fuel will be there. Does that make sense??

As for the .92, .96 columns, I've seen that it's hit and miss on if it will hit that mark. I normally doesnt see much in the .92 but everythng still performs just fine. You should be able to custom make that histogram so you can read .84 and .88 and then .92.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    wb t1.hpl

This was the scan i meant to attach, better array of driving.

Yes that does make since thank you for the reply. Yeah my PE table is setup at 11.7 right now so i am not that far off above 7500hz.

Now to figure out the kr i am getting. It always seems to be below 50% throttle. I am running 93 octane. It seems to spike if i blip the throttle for a second or two.

Tuner
    Don't listen to the guide about wanting to be 11.5 afr at wot. It is too lean for these non intercooled setups. I tuned my car to 11.5afr and could only run 11* timing. Put the old tune from the previous owner back in (as well as smoothed the maf table out) due to it looking like a rollercoaster) and the initial hit targets low 11's and tapers to 10.5ish at redline and am able to run 16* timing with mods in sig. My past car I have 0ed out the adders as mentioned above and strictly tuned the maf table. The car now is based off a zzp tune and has had numerous revisions by the past owner and myself. I will attach it if you want to take a peak. Also here is my config file (what is displayed on the scanner) Try that, it has basically all you need to monitor. You must select file>open config (one attached) when you scan. You will need to configure your wideband though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PWNED; 12-14-2014 at 06:20 PM.
    02 Regal GS
    ZZP Headers/ 42#/ Intake/ S4 zzp sc/ Ported Lim/ LQ4/ HPT/ 3" to SuperTurbo/ Phenolic IC with 2.8 pulley/ XP/ Ported Heads
    PB-------12.3 @ 110.......312hp/350tq