Thread: Bought new laptop.....Licenses didn't transfer

Tuner in Training

Bought new laptop.....Licenses didn't transfer

Wife just got me a new laptop. It has windows 8.1 I installed version 2.24 from the customer page. I open some of the old files I had saved on my thumb drive from customers cars I've tuned. It asks me to purchase a license. Even if I open files from series of vehicles that I have unlimited licenses on. I have my cable plugged into a port as well just incase it needed to tap into it....no help.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tuner in Training
    Just loaded tune from my personal car to my new laptop using the same cable I've always used (tuned my car a thousand times) and it still asked me for a license. So I guess it's not a cable thing. How do I get my licenses back? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Nevermind. Just loaded my info from the cable. It now has all my licenses saved to the laptop. Got it figured out.

What laptop did you get? I'm in the market for a new one myself. TIA.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder2 Racing View Post
    Nevermind. Just loaded my info from the cable. It now has all my licenses saved to the laptop. Got it figured out.
    I think I am having the same issue, I had the HP tuner, bought the HPtuner Pro, now I can't save my tune changes? anyone know the answer???? thanks

Potential Tuner
    i'm having the same issue ? any info ?

Tuner in Training
    Connect cable, open VCM Editor (or Scanner), click on the Help menu, select VCM Suite Info, click on the little "i" icon. Witchcraft!