Thread: Need help!!!

Potential Tuner

Need help!!!

I'm at a shop right now and I awaiting for an answer back from Jay Payson on a tune for a 2009 Mazda 6 FORD ECU.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not a supported vehicle.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not a supported vehicle.
    Okay then why would both Eric and Jay Payson from hptuner say it works? I'm confused, can't anyone give me a straight answer? Joe and Rick from Powertech Performance are the ones helping me with this,and I know they have bought thousands of credits from you guys based what I have read and saw at their shop. Can you guys please help me out?
    Last edited by Ozracin; 12-05-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Are they saying it's supported by HP Tuners or another tuning software like COBB???

Because mazda's arent supported by hpt like bill said.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok here is the conversation I had, and the only reason why I am trying this.

Okay I have someone read the ECU please let me know.

Sent from my iPhone

Jay Payson
    Nov 11

I am sorry for the delayed reply. We were at SEMA all last week. I am not sure what else you need to know. Let me know what your questions are.

Ozracin <[email protected]>
    Nov 11

to Jay
    I had someone from powertech performance send the scan of my ecu to you, Eric and bob. Wondered if you guys received it?

Sent from my iPhone

Aaron Ostrander <[email protected]>
    Nov 12

to Jay
    Ok I spoke to someone that was contacted back by Bill (not bob sorry) my car is not supported. So thank you for getting back with me on my original question on it workied for my car at the end of October. I will consider my next buy of a car that is supported by HP Tuner. Thank you again.

Jay Payson
    Nov 12

If you send us a read our Ford engineer should be able to add support for it.

HP Tuners is a very powerful tool. Be certain that the changes you make with the HP Tuners products are legal in your area and application.

Please see our demos here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Thank you!

Jay Payson
    HP Tuners

Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:48 AM

Ozracin <[email protected]>
    Nov 12

to Jay
    The owner named bill said it won't work. But they said they sent it to you a long with a bill and someone by the name of Eric.

Sent from my iPhone

Jay Payson
    Nov 13

Bill isn’t an owner. Eric handles our Ford development and said it can be added.

HP Tuners is a very powerful tool. Be certain that the changes you make with the HP Tuners products are legal in your area and application.

Please see our demos here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Thank you!

Jay Payson
    HP Tuners
    Last edited by Ozracin; 12-05-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Well then it looks like you will keep talking with Eric and Jay to get this figured out.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Well then it looks like you will keep talking with Eric and Jay to get this figured out.
    That is what I'm trying to do via email with Jay, but am not getting a response, so I'm trying on here.. LOL

Sounds like too many cooks in the kitchen.

I don't see where anyone said your particular vehicle is supported. I don't know of any Mazda vehicles that run controllers we support, sorry.

The nice thing about VCM Suite 2.25 is that it will support any vehicle that has a controller we already support. So, if you can read your vehicle with VCM Suite 2.25, then we can support it. If not, being that it's a mazda, there's likely no way we'll have any type of support for it soon (other than standard diagnostics and scanning).
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    2005 Jeep Grand Cherooke 5,7l Hemi....is it supported

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes it is.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"