Thread: Question regarding Enhanced Imput with no obd2

Potential Tuner

Question regarding Enhanced Imput with no obd2

Hello all,

I love the datalogging cabalities of hptuners, and want to use it on a car without an obd2 port with four analog 0-5v sensors to datalog, just running the sensors into the cable and the cable to the usb on the laptop. Does anyone know if this is possible, I havent had a chance to try this yet but was wondering if anyone knew?

If not any good suggestions for a decent datalogging platform with the ability to display real time data that can do several analog sensors?

Thanks for all the help!

Potential Tuner
    I would also like to know the answer to this question. Can one of the HPTuners Staff please chime in with any info they may have?

In this case, I would like to log Throttle Position, RPM, and AFM on a 1990 BMW 325i with a m30 swap. If my HPTuners MVPI Pro can be re purposed, great. If not, I will find another solution as I realize it is not exactly what the device was designed for.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Answer from Jay

Jay Payson [email protected] via
    3:39 PM (23 minutes ago)

Chris,

Mpvi NEEDS to be able to identify the vin/os in order to do anything via standalone, just having a power source does nothing in the case of standalone logging.

This is my comment: I think what follows is part of his signature, not sure it applies to this question

HP Tuners is a very powerful tool. Be certain that the changes you make with the HP Tuners products are legal in your area and application.

Please see our demos here: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Thank you!

Jay Payson
    HP Tuners