Thread: Histogram trouble

Advanced Tuner

Histogram trouble

Picked up a Surface Pro and installed VCM Suite, installed all of my tunes and logs and am having a problem getting the VCM scanner to display my histograms properly - namely the column (top) axis headers. I've tried moving the VCM Scanner folder from the old laptop to the new one, double-checked that the table displays match, rescanned the car, uninstalled and reinstalled VCM Suite and still have the same problem.

The problem is that the majority of my column headers all show 0.0 and when I try to change them, it will not give me any options other than :1 in the secondary area in the Row & Col Axis tab. On my old laptop, the secondary area shows % which is what I need to change to in order to get the column headers labeled properly but I don't have the option to change to % there.

I've read and tried everything I've found here to make them change but have had no luck and have exhausted my searching efforts. I'm sure it's something simple but I need help finding that simple solution and appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Did you add your parameters you wish to watch onto the primary table while your vehicle was running or in ignition on position? That's usually the number one cause.

List what you tried so we don't suggest something you've tried already.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the reply CSSOB. In the last few minutes, I uninstalled VCM Suite again and then copied VCM Suite from Program Files on my old laptop and saved it to Program Files on the new laptop. I also saved the HP Tuners folder from My Documents on the old laptop to My Documents on the new laptop and now it works just like it should.

Thanks again!

Which surface pro did you get? Are you happy with it as far as using HPTuner's goes? TIA.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Advanced Tuner
    Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8.1. With the i5 processor, it screams in speed compared to my old Asus tuning laptop. I have a windshield mount that should arrive tomorrow to hold the tablet part of it. So far it works great!

Advanced Tuner
    I had to do that on my tablet too. A tablet option that is cheaper than the Surface Pro is the Asus T100, that's what I picked up and love it. Can't go wrong with either. HPT is surprisingly touch friendly, too!

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it is! I was looking at the T100 because I've had good luck with my other Asus laptop but got such a great deal on the Surface Pro and couldn't pass it up.

Advanced Tuner
    I am going to order a seat rail mount for it, and I have a mini USB to USB adapter for logging, should work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    Surface Pro 2 with Windows 8.1. With the i5 processor, it screams in speed compared to my old Asus tuning laptop. I have a windshield mount that should arrive tomorrow to hold the tablet part of it. So far it works great!

Thanks. I picked up a used Surface Pro for $350. Took a while to get it set up, but I like it so far.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Advanced Tuner
    I received the windshield mount but don't trust it. I think the Surface is just a bit too heavy for the mount and I don't want to have to think about catching it while I'm driving so I'll keep using it set up in the passenger seat.

Advanced Tuner
    I like my seat rail mount. Seems sturdy thus far. Haven't tuned with it though because it's cold and I wrecked my Solstice, so I am waiting to get it fixed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    I like my seat rail mount. Seems sturdy thus far. Haven't tuned with it though because it's cold and I wrecked my Solstice, so I am waiting to get it fixed.
    Sorry to hear that.

Does the seat mount fold out of sight when you don't need it?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I pull the tablet mount part off and shove it under the passenger seat and then bend the other part between the console and the seat. It's not completely out of sight, but it's out of the way. Honestly, even with the tablet on there it's mostly out of the way.