Thread: Torque Managment

Tuner in Training

Torque Managment

I'm in the process of tuning an 08 suburban 5.3 its getting 12mpg im new but have taken efi101 and efi101 advanced so have a base. I understand kind of what the torque management is doing. This customer drives very easy runs 87 so basically question is would removing the TM help the fuel I changed DOD, the fuel ramp was 33 then 39 no ramp.

12 on avg or 12 mpg on the freeway doing 65-70 mph??

Has the owner done a full tune up ever? Like new delco plugs/wires, air filter, MAF sensor clean, o2 sensors if over 100k miles.

And reducing TM won't really help at all with fuel mileage, I've never noticed a difference with removing some of it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Tq mgt does not effect fuel mileage . If your main concern is fuel mileage and your not concerned about performance, a maf only tune set on the lean side in your cruise maf fq is your best option

Tuner in Training
    Everything new with GM parts the injector table is way weird I think (NEW) its 36.8 half of pressure the 39 for rest and thats the table i don't understand how those injectors are so good they push the same fuel no matter how much pressure is applied

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    changes your stoich and adjust accordingly if your looking for milage aim for a 15.5/16.5 cruise and adjust timing is that area as well.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    No dyno can someone do me a fav im putting stock n what I did on stock look at inj tables why are they like this? I changed timing because herd pinging with 87 so I pulled I don't have a dyno
    Attached Files Attached Files