Thread: Recalibration of fuel consumption, instant fuel economy.

Tuner

Recalibration of fuel consumption, instant fuel economy.

Does anyone know how to recalibrate the Message Center fuel consumption. instant fuel economy, etc. after bigger injectors are installed and retuned? Its on a 2011 Silverado 5.3. Is this anywhere in the VCM software?

Senior Tuner
    Engine - Fuel - General - Instrument Cluster Outputs - Fuel Density.

Scale that by the % error with real world vs. dash cluster.

That said...if you installed different injectors, and setup the injector flow rate table correctly, and tuned VE/MAF properly, the stock numbers in the fuel density table will still be correct.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

^^^^^^ correct, would only need to change if you scaled your tune.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    The truck must be different than the cars because there is no "Instrument cluster outputs" in that part of the software. I didn't tune the truck. The shop that installed the Procharger did and apparently they don't know either how to correct it.

Senior Tuner
    I'm looking right at the table in a 2011 5.3 tune...it's there. You need to make sure you've got the software set to "Edit - View - Advanced"...if it's set to beginner it won't show you the table.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    2011 5.3 Truck Fuel Density Output.png

I highlighted everything you need in that screenshot.

If you still don't see it, upload your tune file, or download 2.24 and install it again to make sure you have the most up to date version. Maybe it wasn't setup in the definition in the software you are using. I'm using build 2.24.984 to make you that screen shot.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    I'm using 2.24.57 and had it in beginner mode. I switched it to advanced and looked at your screen shot and mine doesn't have it next to the Stoich button, so I must need to download a later build version. I'll try that and get back to you later. Much thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGreenStallion View Post
    I'm using 2.24.57 and had it in beginner mode. I switched it to advanced and looked at your screen shot and mine doesn't have it next to the Stoich button, so I must need to download a later build version. I'll try that and get back to you later. Much thanks for the help.
    That's a super out dated version. Update, and you'll be good.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    I updated to 2.24.997 and now its there. Advanced view + update = instrument cluster outputs. Now when I open the tune file for the truck it brings up the license window and wants to relicense the file again. Do I have to use up more credits or is there something else I need to do. Is that what the "update application key" is for? I know, bonehead questions. I bought this tuner because the shop that did the install of the Procharger and Kooks is 100 miles away. Too far to drive every time something needs to be checked. Still on a long learning curve. Thanks again.

Tuner
    Plugged in the interface and license window went away. File opens now.

Senior Tuner
    Sometimes when you update, you need to reconnect the interface...sometimes you don't...licenses will never go away though, just plug the interface in...and if that doesn't work, e-mail support for help.
    2023 Durango Hellcat