Thread: Newbie help - ls3

Tuner in Training

Newbie help - ls3

Hello Ian here from Manila I have quite a few questions and cant seem to find the answers, Im hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction!

First off my car facts are, LS3 430hp, E67 ECU running the gmpp erod kit.

I manage to finish the MAF low and high frequency tuning already, the car idles great. STFT is below 4% and LTFT is below 9% I been following the tuning book of Bob Morreale and its a bit outdated because some of the charts and settings are no longer visible on my HPtuner.

I need help with the following...

How do I setup for WOT tuning, what histogram do I setup, X&Y axis and which setting tab does it paste onto in the editor?
    And how do I setup for SD tuning as well?

I got AEM o2s in the car for the left and right bank, the manual says I should be setting up my air fuel ratio error which I cant seem to find on the PID list.

Does anyone have any updated manuals for the new software? Sorry for the long thread Im getting desperate. My email address is [email protected] appreciate any inputs.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^ searching will help.

its fairly simple, work on your MAF for WOT to get the AFR you need (high freq) usually above 6500hz
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    ^ searching will help.

its fairly simple, work on your MAF for WOT to get the AFR you need (high freq) usually above 6500hz
    Hello I tried searching, When you tune for WOT dont you turn off your MAF? What histogram chart do you log?

Tuner in Training
    I just read that the e67 doesn't have any VE tables anymore, instead we have MAP zones where the formula is 5x more complicated than ever. There is a program called MATLAB but its cost quite a bit of money. Does anyone have any other solutions to this?

Do some research on Virtual VE tuning. If you're new to this. Start reading. And then read some more. It takes a bit of time to figure it out. Google is your friend along with this forum and some others. You need to set up the AFR error yourself in the scanner. Search around you should be able to figure it out. And no, you typically wouldn't want to turn off your MAF for WOT tuning. Unless of course your running VE only; no MAF...
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    As for the VE stuff, search on here for the bluecat tool, or request the newest beta from support as it has the virtual ve tool built in

Virtual VE in the beta is not ready for use.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tramotorsports View Post
    Do some research on Virtual VE tuning. If you're new to this. Start reading. And then read some more. It takes a bit of time to figure it out. Google is your friend along with this forum and some others. You need to set up the AFR error yourself in the scanner. Search around you should be able to figure it out. And no, you typically wouldn't want to turn off your MAF for WOT tuning. Unless of course your running VE only; no MAF...
    my software is basically running the map zones, no more VE table to play with. I have been researching, this post was desperation already. I even found out that EFI live has VE tables and formulas built in. I wonder when HP tuner will release there version.

Also the e67 software has no more AFR error PID.

Yes I have killed the maf for WOT but only using the PE enrich table to fix my AFRs. Anyway thanks for the reply, Im still researching day by day and trying to read up as much as I can.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    As for the VE stuff, search on here for the bluecat tool, or request the newest beta from support as it has the virtual ve tool built in
    Do you have a link for the bluecat tool?

Senior Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4 click the version number right below the picture to download.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t-VE-Version-4 click the version number right below the picture to download.
    Thanks for this!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    As for the afr error pid, you have to make your own user defined pid. I would suggest searching on how to set this up using lambda instead of a friend though. Much nicer to tune with.