Thread: Tunes uploaded to repository

Advanced Tuner

Tunes uploaded to repository

I have read a few posts that uploads are not showing up in the Repository, but no real explanation of why they are not available for download. I uploaded one almost a week ago and it's not showing up. Anyone know what's going on?

They need to be approved first before they are displayed publicly. This process takes time.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    They need to be approved first before they are displayed publicly. This process takes time.
    I uploaded one in the summer but it's never been posted.

Bill told me there's an issue with the system, so we'll look into it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Keith!

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates on the repository?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes Keith was able to fix the issue and I've gone through and approved roughly 100 of the ones that were in queue, still a bunch left but I'll go through them as time allows.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for taking care of that!

Advanced Tuner
    Any movement on this? The tune I uploaded is still not there. This was one of the selling points for me to get HPT. If I do a search without selecting any parameters, it only loads 1 page of tunes, when there should be multiple pages.

Advanced Tuner
    I see tunes listed under 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Mustang. Maybe your file hasn't been accepted and/or you need to change your search.

What exactly are you looking for or to do?

How does this repository work? Is it only for the new tunes? I ask because I'm doing a 98' 4.6 swap to a 03' 5.4 and was wondering if the repository would contain stock 5.4 files I could use as a base file for tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    I see tunes listed under 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Mustang. Maybe your file hasn't been accepted and/or you need to change your search.

What exactly are you looking for or to do?
    My tune is a canned Roush tune with no changes. I don't know why it wouldn't be accepted. Most of the tunes for Mustangs are stock. You only need 1 version of a stock tune. I'm looking for tunes with different CAIs and different TBs and so on. I want to look at the differences in tunes so I can learn how to tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    How does this repository work? Is it only for the new tunes? I ask because I'm doing a 98' 4.6 swap to a 03' 5.4 and was wondering if the repository would contain stock 5.4 files I could use as a base file for tuning.
    The repository is a place where users can upload their tunes for any vehicle. It has to be looked over by HPT before it shows up in there. There are lots of older GM stuff in there. There is a stock 2004 5.4 tune in the repository.
    Last edited by txcharlie; 01-08-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    The repository is a place where users can upload their tunes for any vehicle. It has to be looked over by HPT before it shows up in there. There are lots of older GM stuff in there. There is a stock 2004 5.4 tune in the repository.
    Do I have to have credits to see the repository? I'd need a tune from an 99-03 5.4 or 04 heritage model. Or, My parents have a 2001' 5.4, could I just take a read off that and use it as my base tune? Same thing for my supercharged f150 that I had dyno tuned, can I pull the custom tune off that was made with an SCT device and reprogram it the way I want (I.E. part throttle shifting and cam timing)?
    Last edited by mechanicboy; 01-09-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You must have HPT interface to use the repository and register at HPTuners.com. It is separate from using the forum. The login user is the serial number of your interface. I'm not sure if you need credits to see repository. If those vehicles are supported by the software, you should be able to read them. You can even make changes to them, but I think you will have to buy credits before you can save them.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by txcharlie View Post
    Any movement on this? The tune I uploaded is still not there. This was one of the selling points for me to get HPT. If I do a search without selecting any parameters, it only loads 1 page of tunes, when there should be multiple pages.
    What year/make/model vehicle? I can approve one if its a big deal, approving these is pretty tedious so its a low priority vs customers emailing support for help.

Advanced Tuner
    2014 Ford Mustang GT.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    approved.