Thread: L92 Swap Help

Potential Tuner

L92 Swap Help

Hello Guys. My '90 Jeep Comanche has an L92 swap in it, stroked to 427 CI, 823 heads with some work done to them and a Magnacharger. The engine is mated to a TH350. My problem is the following: It won't rev past 4500 RPM, as if it were on P/N. I've tried numerous changes but to no avail. I've already changed my P/N rev limiter to 7500 but it just won't work. Any help will be appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    Posting your tune is of assistance to those who may be in a position to help you - otherwise we are all just taking a guess. I will make the assumption that you are using the original ECM from the L92 engine - which would make it an E38 ECM.

Part of your issue is likely the ECM Trans Type (set this to Manual). Another issue is likely the Default Trans Limit table (set this to the maximum for each RPM point).

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon S. View Post
    Posting your tune is of assistance to those who may be in a position to help you - otherwise we are all just taking a guess. I will make the assumption that you are using the original ECM from the L92 engine - which would make it an E38 ECM.

Part of your issue is likely the ECM Trans Type (set this to Manual). Another issue is likely the Default Trans Limit table (set this to the maximum for each RPM point).
    PCM is from a 07 Tahoe, I didn't post my tune because I don't have it. My tuner has it, he has my car in his shop, too. However, he doesn't know how to solve the issue and he has had my car stuck there for the last 2 months. That's why I'm recurring to this forum, to see if anyone has had this problem with a swap before and has sorted it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Time to find a different tunershop ....

Potential Tuner
    hello Jon S. I have the same problem omly at 4000Rpm with an LS2 the file in the attachment.
    Hope you can help me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Manual transmission ?

If so, see this thread ...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-VSS-at-158mph

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your information it was verry helpfull it runs fine.