Thread: 7.4 wont rev - need a file check... help

Tuner in Training

7.4 wont rev - need a file check... help

This file is from a 7.4 swapped out of a 98 Chevy 2500 into a 1995 firebird. All wired in with the 98 stock 1998 ECU. I am not using the MAF and the car wont rev , seems to be stuck in some kind limp mode because of the missing MAF, could someone file check this and shoot me a suggestion it really been kicken my bleep
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Untick P0102 box in DTC section
    That is the MAF trouble code

Tuner in Training
    its set to no error report and no checks for SES is that what your talking about?
    Last edited by automasters; 11-21-2014 at 10:33 PM.

Set the P0102 code to no mil light. There has to be a Maf code set in order to be in SD mode. And since your Maf is removed, I'm surprised the engine even starts.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Ok I changed it and P0102 is setting but it still wont hold any rpm it revs but then dies back instantly... any other suggestions?

Post your tune and a scan log of the car trying to start. What's your fuel pressure?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    I figured it out, when I change it from manual tans back to auto Trans like it originally came, it revs up. I am not using the 4L80,I went with a old school powerglide trans so I figure I could just put it in manual trans mode to eliminate trans functions. Well in manual mode it wont rev, anyone know why?