Thread: 2000 corvette

Tuner in Training

2000 corvette

hi

will i still need a laptop to make hptuners work? will i be able to convert the transmission (auto) to "manual" operation, meaning selecting a gear with no automatic down or up shifting? how hard will it be to convert to 2 bar operation?

thanks

Unless you can drive your car into your house, you will want a laptop. Or drive your house with you to make changes, you will want a laptop.

Yes you can make it a manual, you'll need to research that yourself.

Converting to a 2 bar setup is pretty easy, you just need to have the right parts and understand what you are doing to make the changes. HP Tuners should have a help file on making the change, you can research it on here aswell.

Also if you wish to do a 2 bar setup, you again must have a laptop with you. It's nearly impossible to tune a vehicle correctly without having it with you. There will be tons of trial and error and lots of things you'll have to change while you drive to make it run correctly.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    well, its a major pain to have a laptop in the car. i remember that from my motec times. i dont need it with efilive, thats why im asking.

Senior Tuner
    You can do standalone data logging with HPTuners, but you cannot read/flash, you need the laptop for that. The standalone data logging is not quite the same as logging via the PC.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    really? i didnt know that.

o.k., i found it black box logging/mpvi pro option. why dont they advertise it better?

do you know, how many chanels you cen logg?