Thread: Another File OS ID does not match VCM OS ID.

Advanced Tuner

Another File OS ID does not match VCM OS ID.

Have a 2007 4gen Sierra with LS3 swap that's previously tuned with my HpTuners. I took tune and applied 2bar map os to it. Rescaled the map to 105kpa to tune it like a normal VE. I tried to flash it and said I required 2 credits tho it said the update is free. I said whatever and used the credits anyways and now get this message when trying to flash. File OS ID does not match VCM OS ID. So is this ecm just not 2bar map capable or what. What happens if we want to go boost on this truck

Attachment 47806During writing this I read I need to hit Write Entire under the menus. I gotta bring the truck up to work tomorrow so I don't want to go test it if I have problems programming it back to stock. So Ill try Write Entire tomorrow afternoon
    04 Single cab Lq4/243 228r 112lsa, Long tubes, catless, Yank st3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastruck View Post
    Have a 2007 4gen Sierra with LS3 swap that's previously tuned with my HpTuners. I took tune and applied 2bar map os to it. Rescaled the map to 105kpa to tune it like a normal VE. I tried to flash it and said I required 2 credits tho it said the update is free. I said whatever and used the credits anyways and now get this message when trying to flash. File OS ID does not match VCM OS ID. So is this ecm just not 2bar map capable or what. What happens if we want to go boost on this truck

Attachment 47806During writing this I read I need to hit Write Entire under the menus. I gotta bring the truck up to work tomorrow so I don't want to go test it if I have problems programming it back to stock. So Ill try Write Entire tomorrow afternoon
    Yeah, you need to do write entire the first time to write the entire new OS.. after that you can use write calibration only

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. I'll give it a shot tomorrow after work and see if this is going to work out the way I'd like.

Advanced Tuner
    Truck wouldn't rev over 3k this way, but after data logging a 4th gen for the first time and seeing it has a single VE table for afr error. I think I got a grasp on how I can use this Blue Cat program cause I haven't found much write up on it.

Generate original VE table and post it into a stock Ls2 hptuner file. Take my data logging afr error and post the changes in the Ls2 hptuner file. Then paste that updated VE in Blue Cat to come up with and post the new equations in the original Hptuners file.

How do I change the decimal points to the max in Hptuners like Blue Cat requests?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastruck View Post
    Truck wouldn't rev over 3k this way, but after data logging a 4th gen for the first time and seeing it has a single VE table for afr error. I think I got a grasp on how I can use this Blue Cat program cause I haven't found much write up on it.

Generate original VE table and post it into a stock Ls2 hptuner file. Take my data logging afr error and post the changes in the Ls2 hptuner file. Then paste that updated VE in Blue Cat to come up with and post the new equations in the original Hptuners file.

How do I change the decimal points to the max in Hptuners like Blue Cat requests?
    There's an "increase precision" button on one of the HPT toolbars that I assume is wha you need. Its near smooth/interpolate, etc.

Advanced Tuner
    After viewing my data log I see why it wouldn't rev over 3k with the 2bar OS. After the conversion the HI maf table resets to zero and never realized it. I didn't completely disable the maf cause I just wanted to see if the truck would crank off this tune. So once it hit the MAF HI table it was requesting zero fuel.

I think I can use either one of these two ways to tune this vehicle now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    There's an "increase precision" button on one of the HPT toolbars that I assume is wha you need. Its near smooth/interpolate, etc.
    I see now. Have to open the table first and then it shows up increase or decrease precision