Thread: how do I disable traction control completely in the tune? 2010 camaro w/TH400

how do I disable traction control completely in the tune? 2010 camaro w/TH400

long story short...
    some other shop butchered this car and we're picking up the pieces.

the car has been swapped to a TH400, and all of the traction control hardware is missing from the car....so there's no wires connected for the switch to work if there even was a switch...

I need to know how to disable traction control in the tune as I cant make pulls on the dyno right now with it on....and as I said, theres no hardware switch to disable it.
    I'm trying everything, but I'm sure I have missed a table somewhere....

Thanks.
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    Engine-Torque management-general-Traction control system tcs method. Flip all the switches to disabled and should be gone.

Senior Tuner
    If you can't switch it off, you can't disable it.

The BCM will always try to use the brakes for traction control, regardless of the tune. Disabling all the stuff in the PCM just lets the engine try to push through the brakes.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    ...so that said, you need to get the wiring diagram for the momentary contact switch that goes to the BCM from the console, and fix it, or I guess you could unplug the ABS module under the hood...if it can't tell that to do anything, then it can't pulse the brakes against the engine.

If you do wire the switch back in, tapping it once is TC off, stability on, twice is competitive mode, which still has some TC and some stability, but is less intrusive. If you hold the contact down for 7 seconds everything is actually disabled.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

solved it good enough for now...
    I had missed one table....
    theres a few tables you need to max out to get it basically fully disabled

I'll look up on "All-Data" the wiring for the Traction control switch and see if I cant install a button somewhere for the guy...

This car has been a nightmare full of problems because of one local shop that really doesnt know what they are doing and is charging people all kinds of money for half ass jobs..like...$3500 for a cam/springs/lifters/DOD Delete, Tune......
    and all they did was put a cam in and do nothing else.....and then they tried to tell the customer his engine had a knock and they needed another $3500 to tear it down to find the problem, plus whatever amount it was going to take to fix the problem...
    they charged the guy $4700 for a TH400 install....and the guy supplied all the parts to basically remove the stock stuff and put in the new...no custom brackets needed, nothing hard about it...literally plug and play ....and they still charged $4700....

they hacked up all kinds of stuff that didnt need to be touched, and broke one of the ECU connectors....
    -Scott -

Senior Tuner
    What additional tables did you zero out in the tune?
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Senior Tuner
    Is the BCM lighting up the dash with things disabled when you're on the dyno, or are the brakes going crazy? ...or does the abs/brake module not work correctly?
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Pull the ABS fuse. Sounds like this car sucks already, so what's another warning on the dash?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    solved it good enough for now...
    I had missed one table....
    theres a few tables you need to max out to get it basically fully disabled
    What was the settings to address it?