Thread: Histogram MAF trouble

Tuner in Training

Histogram MAF trouble

I'm just now diving back into the tuning world after taking a couple month break....trying to get re-acclimated with HPtuners.

I'm having trouble getting my histograms to show up correctly so I can log. I was running windows 8 on my computer, and microsoft forced me to switch to 8.1. When I did that, VCM scanner and editor still worked, but my usb drivers for my mpvi pro didn't update and wouldn't read anything from the car, so I had to redownload the vcm suite, which includes the drivers. I just downloaded the newest version available on the main site. My license carried over fine (i think). Problem I have is after I hooked the computer back up to the car and could read/flash and all that again, I loaded my .cfg file but histograms changed somehow and wouldn't read correctly. I'm trying to set up a MAF histo that logs afr error.....I still have to make sure my afr error pid hasn't changed and is accurate, as well as calibrate the MAF, but I'm still at square one...trying to get the table for the histogram set up in the "histogram settings" area.

If I go to my Histogram #11, it shows in the Row and Col Axis tab the MAF Airflow vs Output Frequency table is already added in there, and Hz is selected. But, if you look at the histogram itself, it shows Mass Air Flow Freq. (V), with 0s all the way down the labels. I need that to be in Hz units, right? Also, the row axis is completely blank. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the units changed back to Hz. In the MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency table in the editor, it has Hz as the units on the Top axis. I can't find any Table, PID, or Sensor to add in the scanner that gives me the option to log in Hz...just Volts and mVolts. Now in the top section of the row/col axis tab in histogram settings does say Hz, but nothing changes on the histo when I back out. Even if I click Insert Table and click MAF Airflow vs. Frequency again, it pops up all the labels like it should, but still doesn't give me the option for Hz. Even with the labels there, I commit the changes and back out, and nothing changes on the histogram. Still Mass Air Flow Freq. in Volts, with 0s across the top, the labels won't even update. I've looked through the table display and everywhere I know to look trying to find MAF Airflow Frequency in Hz and am having zero luck.

I know I'm probably not explaining it very well, but I attached my .cfg file and tune just in case it's needed. I don't know if I'm still having software issues, if my crappy laptop is causing issues (screw dell), or if something changed in the new version I downloaded, but I thought I had this figured out before I took my little hiatus. I may be starting in the completely wrong spot, or just completely omitting something I have forgotten about, but I'm definitely at a brick wall right now. Any comments/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Car Info:
    2010 Camaro LS3, headers, cai

7-12 custom afr.cfg
    8-30.hpt
    Last edited by ScarTissue48; 11-19-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarTissue48 View Post
    I'm just now diving back into the tuning world after taking a couple month break....trying to get re-acclimated with HPtuners.

I'm having trouble getting my histograms to show up correctly so I can log. I was running windows 8 on my computer, and microsoft forced me to switch to 8.1. When I did that, VCM scanner and editor still worked, but my usb drivers for my mpvi pro didn't update and wouldn't read anything from the car, so I had to redownload the vcm suite, which includes the drivers. I just downloaded the newest version available on the main site. My license carried over fine (i think). Problem I have is after I hooked the computer back up to the car and could read/flash and all that again, I loaded my .cfg file but histograms changed somehow and wouldn't read correctly. I'm trying to set up a MAF histo that logs afr error.....I still have to make sure my afr error pid hasn't changed and is accurate, as well as calibrate the MAF, but I'm still at square one...trying to get the table for the histogram set up in the "histogram settings" area.

If I go to my Histogram #11, it shows in the Row and Col Axis tab the MAF Airflow vs Output Frequency table is already added in there, and Hz is selected. But, if you look at the histogram itself, it shows Mass Air Flow Freq. (V), with 0s all the way down the labels. I need that to be in Hz units, right? Also, the row axis is completely blank. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the units changed back to Hz. In the MAF Airflow vs. Output Frequency table in the editor, it has Hz as the units on the Top axis. I can't find any Table, PID, or Sensor to add in the scanner that gives me the option to log in Hz...just Volts and mVolts. Now in the top section of the row/col axis tab in histogram settings does say Hz, but nothing changes on the histo when I back out. Even if I click Insert Table and click MAF Airflow vs. Frequency again, it pops up all the labels like it should, but still doesn't give me the option for Hz. Even with the labels there, I commit the changes and back out, and nothing changes on the histogram. Still Mass Air Flow Freq. in Volts, with 0s across the top, the labels won't even update. I've looked through the table display and everywhere I know to look trying to find MAF Airflow Frequency in Hz and am having zero luck.

I know I'm probably not explaining it very well, but I attached my .cfg file and tune just in case it's needed. I don't know if I'm still having software issues, if my crappy laptop is causing issues (screw dell), or if something changed in the new version I downloaded, but I thought I had this figured out before I took my little hiatus. I may be starting in the completely wrong spot, or just completely omitting something I have forgotten about, but I'm definitely at a brick wall right now. Any comments/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Car Info:
    2010 Camaro LS3, headers, cai

7-12 custom afr.cfg
    8-30.hpt
    I ran into this today on a 09 CTSV. Went to log maf error and guess what, no MAF HZ. I even went the route of making a user configured and ran SENS.80 but it said it was an unsupported PID. HP what is going on, is this a bug in the latest program. I need MAF frequency.
    Thanks

Open your VCM Scanner folder, then click on Vehicles & delete the 12635863 OS. Then with the ignition on, connect the scanner & it should re-poll the available pids. The Maf Hz pid should be there. But it looks like your not logging the commanded AFR, and how are you logging the wideband?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Russ,

I've just been trying to get the histo set up...I knew if MAF wasn't in Hz I was going to have issues so I've just been working on that. I've got 2 custom PIDs for AFR error, one I set up myself and another I got from a camaro5 user....havent added them to the primary table or anything yet but I did have them both added a few months ago and they read the exact same at all times, so I think I'm good there. Plus I still need to calibrate the wideband again.

Glad I'm not the only one having this issue. I'll try your suggestion over the weekend and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Have deleted the OS file and repolled several times....no luck. Any other ideas? Been searching for similar threads....not seeing anything else besides deleting the OS file.

Tried emailing support?

Tuner in Training
    Nope, guess that's my next step...Thanks

I ran into this. Apparently it was some strange build error. I downloaded the latest stable build from the customer page, and it went away.
    They update it daily now.

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxses View Post
    I ran into this. Apparently it was some strange build error. I downloaded the latest stable build from the customer page, and it went away.
    They update it daily now.
    Where do you go to get this latest stable build on the "customer page" the only reason I ask is because my air fuel ratio commanded hi res has never worked and was just wondering if it was something wrong with the version I have. I've been leaving PE shut off for tuning my A/F's and I don't really like doing this on boosted cars. I would much rather have this pid and PE to tune it correctly.

Thanks
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Where do you go to get this latest stable build on the "customer page" the only reason I ask is because my air fuel ratio commanded hi res has never worked and was just wondering if it was something wrong with the version I have. I've been leaving PE shut off for tuning my A/F's and I don't really like doing this on boosted cars. I would much rather have this pid and PE to tune it correctly.

Thanks
    Go to hptuners homepage and sign in using your Serial Number and password/app key. Of course mines not working and I'm having to contact support, but that's where they're getting the recent builds.

Potential Tuner
    Looks like I'm having the same issue. Didn't really need MAF Hz with the Gen III when tuning in SD but now I need it.

Tuner in Training
    Having the problem with mine too. Won't log in Hertz. Only Lb/min...

William Henn??

Tuner in Training
    Anybody got a solution to this that they would share?

Tuner in Training
    Bump?

Really don't want to bug support with such a trivial issue...

Tuner in Training
    Guys I was able to download the latest stable update by signing in with my serial number on the hptuners website. Just redownload the vcm suite after you get logged in. The stable build download link is on the right immediately after you get logged in. The problem went away and I'm tuning with no issues. I don't know why the hptuner support guys can't take 2 seconds to let people know this and we've got to come up with fixes by figuring it out between ourselves, but I digress.