Thread: Good afternoon im new to tuning can you guys check out my tune 2011 silverado 4.8l

Potential Tuner

Good afternoon im new to tuning can you guys check out my tune 2011 silverado 4.8l

Whats done to the truck??

What have you changed in the tune??

From a quick glance and no stock file to compare too, I didnt really see any changes made.

Lots of stuff can still be done with little effort and make the truck much for responsive and fun to drive.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I see you change the speed limiter that's about it.

Potential Tuner
    the truck has a cold air intake and a 10 series flowmaster I have lowered the torque management some a few shift points and pressure and turned traction control off

Potential Tuner

Potential Tuner
    im new and trying to learn ive got the gen 3 down better but the gen 4 stuff is quite a bit more complex I want the truck to unlock some power im a 5.3l guy lol but this is a daily and I want a little better mpg and def some more power im going to be installing corvette servos in the near future

Just a few minor suggestions to give it alot better get up and go.

Under the fuel, power enrichment.

Lower the RPM delay from 5,000 rpm to something like 2,000ish.

Increase the enrichment ramp in rate to 1.0 or like 1.5, factory spec is really slow. Doesnt hurt to get the fuel there faster.

PE Throttle/Pedal is set to 87%, which is basically your foot on the floor. Personally I like to decrease it to to 50-75% throttle. You can change that if you wish for it to kick in sooner or not.

Also the factory settings tend to run really really rich. If you look at the EQ ratio, see how the numbers climb really quickly after 4,000 rpm. It's adding alot of fuel there, which isnt really needed at all.

Just for some math and how the numbers work, it's 14.68(stoich for gas)/ 1.220 = 12.03 AFR. You divide the eq ratio from the stoich to get a rough guess at the commanded air fuel ratio. As you saw the factory specs go alot higher/richer and thats not really needed. I tend to back off those high numbers and flat line it after 4,000 rpms to 1.220 eq ratio, just to command around 12 AFR and be safe still. I do that with cars without a wideband. Always checking knock retard along the way.

Hopefully I didn't shove too much at you at one time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you sir I will try it out I appreciate the information