Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LT1 24X 411 PCM conversion - all of us please step inside

Advanced Tuner
    Haha, sorry about that. I ended up on vacation right after I installed the new knock sensor. So no tuning with it yet. Hopefully this week I'll get a few miles in....
    1996 Camaro SS M6 - 24X conversion - stock bottom end - heads - shorty headers - 58mm TB
    Ultradyne 230/238 .565/.565 112+4 - 30 LB red top SVO injectors - LOTS of suspension...

2002 GMC 2500 HD Duramax M6 - Just starting the tune on a stock motor now that I have a good clutch on order...

The reason I asked is because I have been remotely tuning a 1994 Camaro with a 383 stroker LT1/24x reluctor conversion with the 30# skinnys. Tuned both the MAF and lower VE (4000 and down, trended the upper values) in open loop and with a widband. Got it pretty good (428/428) until I went to put it in closed loop.....Fuel trims in idle went from 0 to +20-25????? and wideband went to .85! Give it some pedal and they come down, seems to be only in idle. Looked high and low for a vacum/exhaust leak with no luck. O2's seem to be moving but interstingly, when you first start it up after resetting the trims, the wideband goes to 1.0, the narrowbands are pegged at 50 mv and the trims (and NB) rise from 0 to the +25's and the wideband concurrently heads siuth to .85 or so.....

Any idea's. Trying to get the info on the O2's (as well as the inop knock sensors) from the owner. It is an EFI connection conversion kit/harness. Unfortunately I was tuning using EFI Lve so I dont have a log or the tune....sorry, broke the number one rule of this Forum :-)

Any insight

Thanks,
    Ed M

PS its running a 2002 Camaro automatic os/pcm
    Last edited by mowton; 06-17-2015 at 10:06 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Ed,

No idea what's going on there. My tune doesn't do that in CL.

How big is the cam?

Where do you have the inj timing?

Thanks,
    Jason
    1996 Camaro SS M6 - 24X conversion - stock bottom end - heads - shorty headers - 58mm TB
    Ultradyne 230/238 .565/.565 112+4 - 30 LB red top SVO injectors - LOTS of suspension...

2002 GMC 2500 HD Duramax M6 - Just starting the tune on a stock motor now that I have a good clutch on order...

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Ed,

Did you figure this one out?

Thanks,
    Jason

Advanced Tuner
    Real quick question.

What MAP sensors are the FI guys using on the LT1 motors? Currently has a 2BAR looking for a 3BAR sensor.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Shane with the 2.25 beta you can enter in negative numbers so you can use the zr1 map

Quote Originally Posted by JasonS5555 View Post
    Hey Ed,

Did you figure this one out?

Thanks,
    Jason
    No Jason, unfortunately the customer wanted the car back so I tuned it in open loop with no issues. If he ever brings it back...he loves it :-) maybe I can crack it open again. Gut says the O2's just arent getting enough good exhaust in idle and are falsely reporting. Once you give it a little throttle, they seem to fall in line ?????

Thanks,

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Shane with the 2.25 beta you can enter in negative numbers so you can use the zr1 map
    Hmmmm. i would like to stick to the old style that comes in the LT1 cars.
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    No Jason, unfortunately the customer wanted the car back so I tuned it in open loop with no issues. If he ever brings it back...he loves it :-) maybe I can crack it open again. Gut says the O2's just arent getting enough good exhaust in idle and are falsely reporting. Once you give it a little throttle, they seem to fall in line ?????

Thanks,

Ed M
    I went throught the same tuning my car. I Followed the same procedure as you, when i put the car in closed loop same thing happened.
    My NBs were waay off from my wideband. I too had the same ordeal at idle and light cruise. Car ran awesome on OL. Put in CL it would lean out and buck and stumble under light throttle.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...2-switchpoints Post number 8
    I played with 5 liter eaters (huge props) config.
    I believe I need to play with the Airflow vs mode table to get my 02s to switch faster. But its very close to my desired afr at cruise.

Senior Tuner
    The reason I asked is because I have been remotely tuning a 1994 Camaro with a 383 stroker LT1/24x reluctor conversion with the 30# skinnys. Tuned both the MAF and lower VE (4000 and down, trended the upper values) in open loop and with a widband. Got it pretty good (428/428) until I went to put it in closed loop.....Fuel trims in idle went from 0 to +20-25????? and wideband went to .85! Give it some pedal and they come down, seems to be only in idle. Looked high and low for a vacum/exhaust leak with no luck. O2's seem to be moving but interstingly, when you first start it up after resetting the trims, the wideband goes to 1.0, the narrowbands are pegged at 50 mv and the trims (and NB) rise from 0 to the +25's and the wideband concurrently heads siuth to .85 or so.....

Any idea's. Trying to get the info on the O2's (as well as the inop knock sensors) from the owner. It is an EFI connection conversion kit/harness. Unfortunately I was tuning using EFI Lve so I dont have a log or the tune....sorry, broke the number one rule of this Forum :-)

Any insight

Thanks,
    Ed M

PS its running a 2002 Camaro automatic os/pcm
    You've got the O2 bank assignments corrected for the difference in firing order right?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    You've got the O2 bank assignments corrected for the difference in firing order right?
    Yes Mike...

Maybe I answered too quick...O2 bank assignments, i was thinking the injectors.....which ones are they?

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 07-01-2015 at 06:39 PM.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Hmmmm. i would like to stick to the old style that comes in the LT1 cars.
    Use the standard old brick style MAP sensor. Should be a plug in swap on a LT1 application...
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Ed was the EVAP hooked up still? Generally after a lot of open loop run time fuel vapor builds up in the tank and upon returning the setup to closed loop enabling EVAP it shows a rich condition until the excessive fuel vapor is pulled out. If EVAP isn't functioning then it could be an o2 sensor issue.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Ed was the EVAP hooked up still? Generally after a lot of open loop run time fuel vapor builds up in the tank and upon returning the setup to closed loop enabling EVAP it shows a rich condition until the excessive fuel vapor is pulled out. If EVAP isn't functioning then it could be an o2 sensor issue.
    Interesting Jim...I will check with Dennis in the morning. We didn't build the setup, it was brought to us because the last guy couldn't get it to run right....you know that drill :-)

Thanks

Ed M

[email protected]

Senior Tuner
    Yes Mike...

Maybe I answered too quick...O2 bank assignments, i was thinking the injectors.....which ones are they?

Ed M
    Sorry, yes, it's assigning injectors to O2's...your injector bank select table should be set to 01101001 on an older LT1. On an LS1 it would be 01011010.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    Sorry, yes, it's assigning injectors to O2's...your injector bank select table should be set to 01101001 on an older LT1. On an LS1 it would be 01011010.
    Then yes, that was set corectly...

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I just finished up my conversion and I'm dealing with some big fuel trim splits. Hopefully you guys can clarify something for me. I'm wondering if my coils and injectors are wired right for the different firing order.
    Here is how I have it:
    Inj 2-blu3
    Inj3 blu4
    Inj 4 blu43
    Inj 7 blu44
    Coil2 red69
    Coil3 red67
    Coil4 red27
    Coil7 red29
    Does anybody know if my instructions were pre swapped or do I need to swap these still?

Tuner in Training
    Were you guys able to change the vin in the pcm to match the vehicle? I took mine in for emissions testing yesterday and failed because the vins did t match

Tuner in Training
    So has anyone figured out the KR and how to get to read correctly.
    I'm showing no KR now and by what ive read I need to get a van sensor and ditch he LT1 sensor. it would be nice to be able to dial timing in with no KR issues

Anyone have anything else to add? Anymore tips or tricks for tuning the 24x conversion. I read a lot of people are doing the conversion but not finding out who has been doing the tuning. How significant of a change in the injector timing tables and also you have to tune the transient fueling tables because the LS1 and LT1 intakes and injector angles are different. Ive been chasing my tail with that one.