Thread: EOIT tuning help

EOIT tuning help

Im trying to get rid of some of the gas smell and help out some low end tq and was told about delaying EOIT to keep the raw fuel from going out of the open exhaust valve. I have this spreadsheet but am not sure if i have it right and am not sure what values i take from the spreadsheet to use in my tune.

Here is my cam card and i will attach a copy of my tune and the spreadsheet
    Attached Files Attached Files

With that cam and low overlap, you should not need to change your EOIT. I don't usually do that until you get into cams with much more overlap.

You may want to fine tune your VE/MAF tables. Your VE table look a smidget rich in your idle areas and could be smoothened. Your MAF table needs some work as well and smoothened.

Bottom line, some of the raw fuel you are smelling probably will be cleaned up once you fine tune you VE and MAF tables.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    go for a 17:1 AFR at idle, it will chop nice and have your fuel smell much less. you can adjust your openloop tables to target leaner fueling
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

yea i know the maf and ve need to be smoothed a little but it was tuned with a wideband and sweeps 14.3 to 15.0 and is pretty stead at 12.8 at wot. i might try to lean the idle out a little bit. i wasnt really worried about he smell i was going to try to pick up a little bit more bottom end by changing it.

go for a 17:1 AFR at idle, it will chop nice and have your fuel smell much less. you can adjust your openloop tables to target leaner fueling
    I agree with this, I lean most cams out at idle. If the customer wants to keep the 02 sensors I do an OL idle, or if no 02's just use the OFLA table and put fuel where I want it.
    However any cam size I adjust EOIT, larger the cam the more radical I go.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C