Thread: Tune file comparison, please check my work

Tune file comparison, please check my work

I'm working on installing a supercharger kit on a 2004 F150 that was removed from a 2005 F150 5.4L. The kit came with the ECU from the truck it was removed from. Before I began installing the kit, I read both the stock tune on the pickup being installed, and the tune from the computer sent with the supercharger. The problem is, the tune on the computer sent with the supercharger.....looks stock.

I'm relatively new to tuning Ford's with HPT, but I'm assuming the injector sizing table should reflect what size injectors you are running....right? All values look stock, need an experienced eye to double check my assumption.

This kit has the 42lb/hr Blue Giant injectors:

And I'm assuming in the tune that injector size SHOULD be reflected here if this is truly the tune ran with this supercharger?

I have attached both tunes, they are labeled Stock Read and Supercharger Computer read.

Thanks for any help given!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

I should also note that what i'm really chasing here is just to make certain that this ECU supplied has a stock tune on it......vs having the correct tune for the supercharger kit. To me, it looks like whoever had this kit installed has used the handheld programmer that most likely came with the kit to return the ECU to stock so they could sell the handheld for more $$, but that's just an assumption.

I have place a call to Magnuson in order to get a handheld with the proper tune for this pickup at this point. Once I get it I will read that tune and compare.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner
    I know this thread is a couple of days old but I just took a quick look at your file, and I can't see anything that would indicate that its a supercharged tune for one, and I didn't notice anything that would have made the correction for the injectors, extra airflow or cylair.
    Current toy- 97 SCSB OBS chevy forged 6.0/4l80 combo with a bit of boost..currently back under the knife

To many previous vehicles to list

Thank you sir, I appreciate it very much. That was my assumption as well based off of what I could see/know about using HP and tuning many Chevy's with the software.

I am currently working on getting a handheld tuner with the appropriate software/tune for this supercharger kit.

I would just tune it myself, as I've done many Magnuson kits on Chevy pickups, and build 3 of my own turbocharged GEN 3/4 LS setups in various vehicles, but I'm just not comfortable enough with tuning a Ford yet as far as forced induction goes.
    '17 Whipple'd S550