Thread: Is it essential to tune for a CAI

Post Is it essential to tune for a CAI

Add a CAI on my buddy's truck and some people say you need to tune the vehicle for it and some say it's fine? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Some people are wrong. MAF is the first thing you should tune for. Any time you change the intake tract you change what the MAF reads. Biggest piece of advice new tuners need: READ, read read, google, read read read.
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Is it a omg yes you must tune for intake or else the car will run like shit and explode type thing, no.

But to get the best out of any intake, it's a "tune" that would be the thing to do.

Only like a million people have done intakes without doing anything else afterwards and the vehicle still drives around perfectly fine. So if it doesnt really matter to him that much, he can run it as is and not really even have to care.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Until recently, I never turned for an CAI. Not till I boosted my daily driver did I take the time to do it. There is a significant benefit to doing so!

Tuner
    Good information, any good links to a cut-n-dry MAF tuning?
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

if anything it will flow a little more air... if everything else is basically stock (cam, etc) then the stock tune should be fine. If you have all this: blower, cam, headers, then the CAI will make more of a difference and you def want too.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires