Thread: 06 F-150, Idle Airflow Values?

Tuner

06 F-150, Idle Airflow Values?

Hey guys, trying to get my idle all tuned in with the blower on. And i'm looking at the Idle Airflow table for P/N and Drive. I'm still puzzled as to what actually needs to be logged to figure it out. It's marked as Airflow, but it looks more like an Air load number.. The only airflow parameters I can thing of are, MAFs Volts, Air Load, and Mas Air Flow in lbs/hr. Is there a formula needed?
    Idle Airflow.jpg

The parameter that you need to log is not available as a PID. You need to be able to log the closed loop idle airflow correction basically, and its only available as a DMR, which our software does not currently support. The new 2.25 Scanner will support these types of parameters.

The value is as it states, #/min of airflow.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner
    Not a problem Eric, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t looking off anything that was being logged and ended up being incorrect. I just started adding % to the numbers until things seemed to be pretty good, so it looks like I’m on the right track at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbofox View Post
    Not a problem Eric, I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t looking off anything that was being logged and ended up being incorrect. I just started adding % to the numbers until things seemed to be pretty good, so it looks like I’m on the right track at least.
    The correction limit for the idle airflow stuff is usually 0.400-0.500 in either direction, so as long as you get the values close, the PCM will learn the rest. Ideally you want the correction to be as close to zero as possible, but you cannot do that until you can log it.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC