Thread: to rich at star up when cold

Advanced Tuner

to rich at star up when cold

to rich at star up when cold, when it gets to operating temp it idles fine .. sd in closed loop... how to lean it out at start when its cold out ? Wont idle without foot on gas pedal until it warms to operating temp....

Afterstart Enrichment ? or just keep working the VE table until it leans out a bit?

open loop fuel table

Advanced Tuner
    is that open loop eq ratio?..LOL only option there is really except to select stft enable or disable and they and they are enabled.. ?

thank you for the help

So as I read that it takes that table and divides what is commanded for stoich and aims for that afr... which in my case is at 75 Kpa and 50* is 1.421 ands my stoich is aimed at 14.425 so its trying to run at 10.15 afr????..... is that correct

Is there any reason to want to run rich at startup ?

Should I disable stft in open loop ?
    Last edited by 79 z28; 11-11-2014 at 03:33 PM.

your math is correct. most engines do like to run a little richer while warming up but that may be too rich for your particular engine combo so you may need to tune this table to suit your setup.

I would disable stft in open loop if you are still enabling CL but its just your preference really

Advanced Tuner
    Checkout picture. This is the olfa table. Click on eq ratio under openloop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 68Camaro View Post
    your math is correct. most engines do like to run a little richer while warming up but that may be too rich for your particular engine combo so you may need to tune this table to suit your setup.

I would disable stft in open loop if you are still enabling CL but its just your preference really
    Thank you for the help... yeah its to rich and wont stay running unless I keep my foot on the gas pedal a little... trying to get the idle correct and its being a pia

457 ls2 with a semi big cam 247/263 115 lsa +2.. LS7 style heads Fast 102/102