Thread: 10 Camaro SS KR/Backfiring Through Exhaust

10 Camaro SS KR/Backfiring Through Exhaust

Driving the car around and if i get too into the throttle it backfires for a few seconds sometimes just a split second. Recorded this log and just as its backfiring i noticed the KR more so towards the end not sure what it is, maybe the main spark too low? i changed several of the TQ management tables already didnt really notice a difference. Can anyone take a look at this log and tune to maybe give me some tips.
    Mods- 230/250 @5 278/297 .625/.625 Cam, Long tubes w/out cats, Cai, pulley.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't have an answer for you but those that can help will probably want the datalog config file (.cfg) and a time in the datalog where the issue occurs. Good luck.

Put some 108 octane In and it cleared up a lot of the backfiring problems (knock)
    Now should I match the spark timing in my logs to my high octane tables? (The timing in the log is the timing the computer is retarding to, to prevent further knock as far as I know)
    any opinions?

I would pull timing in that area.. at least 10 degrees for now.. go from there.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires