Thread: New guy needs a setup look over!

Potential Tuner

New guy needs a setup look over!

Hello and thanks in advance for checking my work

The vehicle is a 2001 silverado 6.0l with a mild cam, 10.2/1 compression, headers and muffler and a supertuner "performance" box tune.
    I am using an LM1 Wideband set for reading lambda. "Analog out 1" is set up for 0.000 volts at .680 and 4.987 volts at 1.360. The use lambda box is checked and the response speed is set at 1/6. AFR is set at 14.42 in both the LM1 and Hp Tuners to try and approximate the fuel in my region. "Analog 2" is set to straight line a value of 2 volts in attempt to read this voltage on the scanner and determine possible ground issues. I grounded my LM1 and the pin 5 of the MPVI interface from the point the ground strap from the engine meets the cab. analog 1 white wire went to first pin and analog 2 red wire went to pin 2 of the MPVI.

I set up my initial SD tune file and scanner config after days of reading and purchasing info. The first scan of my original tune seemed to provide data that I thought I would see and I was encouraged. Lambda on the LM1 fairly closely matched the scanners value, but when I flashed the sd tune configuration and scanned it I had cause to wonder....The LM1 read a lambda of .78 to .8x and an afr of 11.5 to12.5/1 while the LM1 custom of the eio1 was floating around a lambda of 1. Lambda error reads but now I wonder if its correct. The lambda error histogram fills with negative decimals? Not what I thought I would find...

Some guidance is greatly appreciated! I know there is some really smart folks out there!

Greg

update...
    I got my setup working and cant really pinpoint what was up. First I went back to my original tune VE table and copied and pasted it in place of my first SDtune VE table. My thought was to keep the original data too include the LTFT values. The truck had 4 months of learning built up in that original table. I lost all of the added trim data when I reset my trims at the beginning of the process. With that data back the engine didn't run so hugely rich and started reading Lambda values that made sense. The only other thing I did was change the second "analog out" to mirror the first. I stopped trying to log a straight voltage to check for a ground offset. Was this failed attempt to log voltage messing up my Lambda readings? I wouldn't think so but in the end I don't really know. Now after 6 Log runs and updates to the VE table it is looking very good. I am looking forward to my first MAF calibration!

Thanks to anyone that looked in on my files an considered my situation.
    Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GBull; 11-13-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: got it working!