Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 650whp LSA Build Video...

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    My current E brake does not work (PO thought he was the drift king or something), so I thought maybe I would do electronic to fix that and rid myself of the stupid handle and make a storage place like John did.
    no all of the parking brakes are crap on the kappas, even with slotted rotors, upgraded pads, and all of the slack taken out of the line. theres just not enough clamping force for some reason.

there is a trick (not really a trick) to get more clamping force if youve done the above and still seriously lack clamp force. just compress the rear calipers and that should give you enough grip to park on an incline. for some reason the parking brake ratcheting mechanism inside the rear caliper freezes up so you have to compress the caliper it to loosen it up that mechanism. once i did this my parking brake worked 10x better, its still not as good as id like but its way better than before.

hope this helps.
    2008 Sky RL

John

Great video and you are very talented. Looks like a good amount of attention to detail. How long did the build take from start to finish?

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Tuner in Training
    Nice work on the build. I like the style that makes it more like a GM specialty build than a mod car. I've been trying to decide how to set up my Corvette interior, so this gives me some new ideas to toss around.

That's FREAKIN' Awesome!
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks everyone!!! I REALLY do appreciate the kind words. I did work really hard on that project and it's cool to see it appreciated by others that I respect. It's even cooler driving it though! There's a bunch of little things I need to finish up on it but I can't stop driving it long enough to get it back into my shop!!! It's been raining buckets where I live and I drive my truck for a day or two and I start having LSA withdrawals!

Thanks again guys! If there's anyone in the SF Bay Area that want's a ride just hit me up and I'll gladly take you for a spin. (lol, maybe not literally, I just put new tires on back.)

Lies! Global warming has been flooding the Bay Area for over a week. No way you'd take that out in the rain.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codename Bil Doe View Post
    Lies! Global warming has been flooding the Bay Area for over a week. No way you'd take that out in the rain.
    Just took it for a night cruise in the hills last night after I finished up machining some parts that my boss wanted this morning. Ended up driving into the rain on Skyline at like 10:30! Drove the last 45 minutes or so in the pouring rain. Remember, it's a daily driver, not a show car. I don't believe in show cars, all my cars and trucks have to pull their own weight or they get sold!

That should be against the law. Same thing I believe with my cars. But, that's not the point. Yours is a work of art.