Thread: WBO2 issue or exhaust leak

Tuner in Training

WBO2 issue or exhaust leak

Just put my car (C5Z) back together following a clutch change. Getting lean WBO2 (Innovate LC1) readings now, around 16.5 AFR while both narrowbands are oscillating normally suggesting I should be around stoich. STFTs are averaging around +3, about even for both banks. While I had the exhaust off I had a bung welded in pre-cat as I was previously scanning post-cat (did the tuning with the wideband at the narrowband location). Obviously first thought was an exhaust leak, but I've retightened all the bolts and it seems there's no change. I have the WBO2 on the driver side part of the X-pipe, right before the cats and right after the DS header collector connects to the. No change after repeating the free air calibration. My question is, has anyone ever had a damaged sensor that wasn't reading accurately but also wasn't throwing an error code? Or is it possible there's a pinhole leak where the bung was welded? I inspected the weld after having it done with a light and couldn't find anything.

Exhaust system is Kooks. Here's a picture of what they look like with an arrow where the O2 bung is.
    Last edited by onspeed; 11-10-2014 at 02:02 PM.

What are the LTFT?

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I have LTFTs disabled.