Thread: P1SC SD OL 4L60E TransGo Kit w/violent P to R and N to D.

P1SC SD OL 4L60E TransGo Kit w/violent P to R and N to D.

This is not a tune issue as much as a Transgo install issue. I am posting this more for reference and the off chance it will help someone else down the road.

20141108PMTransStock.hpt
    20141108pm.hpl
    LS1SDOLBoost tuning.cfg
    20141108.hpl

To explain I installed a TransGo HD2 shift kit. Put it all back together and when I shift from Park to Reverse or Neutral to drive is slams into gear and kills the engine. Unless I do not press on the break pedal and just let if free wheel on jack stands. Then it will shift through gears and seems to be fine. I will be pulling the valve body soon to check the hard parts.
    Last edited by doubleome; 11-08-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    1999 Trans Am, Automatic 60lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, LS6 intake, P1SC Intercooled, trans cooler, polly motor/trans mounts, sway bars, subframe connectors, adj. Torque arm, Moser 12 bolt w/3.42 gears, pacetter longtubes....

Sounds like you torque converter is staying locked all the time I would start looking in the valve body for a wire shorted to ground especially check the TCC lock up solonoid and if worse comes to worse pull the valve body back down and check the pulse width modulator (PWM) valves and solonoid and make sure they were installed properly.

Trans Diagnostic-> Max Line Pressure on MAF Failure.... Set all those to disable. Not at a computer right now so didn't look at the tune to check that parameter. If thats already disabled and it only started doing it after the kit install then there is probably something mechanical causing higher than normal line pressure.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Thank you for the input! I do have the valve body out and will be checking the TCC and PMW. Here is a link to the LS1Tech thread where we have been talking about it.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-...l#post18516525
    1999 Trans Am, Automatic 60lb injectors, 255lph fuel pump, LS6 intake, P1SC Intercooled, trans cooler, polly motor/trans mounts, sway bars, subframe connectors, adj. Torque arm, Moser 12 bolt w/3.42 gears, pacetter longtubes....

Valve body is back in but still having the same issues. I am going to run it on jack stands and let it warm up fully and see if anything changes.

Last scan, at the end the car was in D and I applied the brakes until the rear tires stopped, which stalled the engine.

20141109pm.hpl
    Last edited by doubleome; 11-10-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Last edited by doubleome; 11-10-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Issue was a stuck valve above the TCC Solenoid. Repaired and it works as it should now.

Tuner in Training
    Make sure check balls not stuck in plate. trans go makes a grate plate. make sure manual valve dosnt have any damage. make sure the boost valve in pump are seated right. I am guessing by shft kit u bout the kit to stop the banging in 3rd or 1-2. I would get all aluminum pistons too. I don't know were pressure is at but if too high no good if you want hard shifts u an do that without putting huge pressures. IE. if you have 100psi (lbs per inch) and you have a 2 inch surface area applying in (for bands who cares about) instead of using 200psi u can use 4 inch surface are you did the same thing without over heating the unit and not over killing areas u don't need.