Thread: 2011 v6 3.7L tuning problem (no ECT / overheating)

Potential Tuner

2011 v6 3.7L tuning problem (no ECT / overheating)

Hello, my name is Mat and I am tuning a 2011 mustang, V6 6spd.
    -editing tables seem to work fine, flashing works fine with no errors. Although after a flash the vehicle quite difficult to start (excessive cranking)

the ECT / engine coolant temp stays always stays cold. even the gauge on the dash does as well.
    I tried even going back to the stock tune, and it still does the same thing (constant 59* on VCM scanner, and "cold" on the dash gauge)
    Also it shows as always "cold" but then suddenly the temp jumped to max and it overheated (with boiling coolant)
    -afterwards I shut the car off, let it sit for 10 mins, started it again and was back at "cold."
    I cannot figure out why it is doing this, and why the master enable / disable of the ECT is not affecting it.
    Or even why the stock tune is doing this.

I searched but couldn't find anything like this, has anyone else had this issue?
    also the scanner does not have any KR output
    Last edited by Orangevirus; 11-07-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Hi Mat,
    First off the V6 cars use a CHT ( cylinder head temp ) sensor ! there is no ECT sensor so it should be set to disable and the CHT set to enable !

Advanced Tuner
    Give this file a shot. I have been running it on my wife's car for the past several months with great results.

It is 87 octane friendly, has more power and sees 30MPG on the hwy.
    Attached Files Attached Files